The latest peek at the new Daredevil universe devotes plenty of footage to Vincent D’Onofrio’s gritty portrayal of Wilson “Kingpin” Fisk, as well as introducing audiences to Daredevil’s love interest, Karen Page (True Blood actress Deborah Ann Woll); his partner at the law firm where he works by day, Foggy Nelson (Elden Henson); and the man who trained our unlikely hero to use the superhuman senses he received as a result of the accident that blinded him, Stick (Scott Glenn).
Daredevil is set in Marvel Studios’ cinematic universe, and is the first of four Netflix series that will lead into a team-up miniseries featuring the stars of each solo series (much like The Avengers did with the Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor movies). Along with the aforementioned cast, the series also stars Rosario Dawson as Claire Temple, Bob Gunton as Leland “The Owl” Owlsely, Vondie Curtis Hall as Ben Urich, and Ayelet Zurer as Vanessa Fisk.
The series is produced by showrunner Steven S. DeKnight (Spartacus, Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Drew Goddard (Cabin in the Woods), and Marvel’s Head of Television, Jeph Loeb.
Daredevil premieres April 10 on Netflix with all 13 episodes available to watch immediately.
- The best Netflix Original series
- Jeremy Renner will train the next Hawkeye in a new Disney Plus show
- Marvel finds a director for its movie about Shang-Chi, the Master of Kung Fu
- Disney Plus: Here’s what we know so far about the upcoming streaming service
- The Mandalorian: What we know about Jon Favreau’s live-action Star Wars series