Hot on the heels of this week’s news that Doctor Who fans will be treated to a trio of specials in the time leading up to and around the midseason premiere, a new preview of the six remaining episodes has found its way online.
The new teaser comes courtesy of BBC, and offers a bit more footage than we saw in the second-half trailer that debuted at the end of July.
The new preview puts a bit more emphasis on resolving the “Impossible Astronaut” storyline from the season’s first half, and also features another shot of The Doctor in a Stetson. Running his finger down the door of the TARDIS, he tells his time- and space-traveling police box that they’re about to embark on “one last trip”… which is likely to send a chill down even the most jaded Whovians’ spines. (Okay, maybe that’s just me.)
There’s also an interesting, blink-and-you-miss-it scene showing a train entering a massive pyramid. As the camera pans around the structure, a large American flag and the words “Area 52” can be seen on one side of the pyramid.
Doctor Who returns for its midseason premiere August 27 on BBC America.
- ‘Prime’-time TV: Here the best shows on Amazon Prime right now
- Nick Offerman joins Jon Hamm, Michael Sheen in Amazon’s ‘Good Omens’
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’: Everything we know about the sequel so far
- A year on, ‘BBC Dad’ reflects on internet stardom and life since ‘that’ video
- ‘Westworld’ Season 2 preview