We’re still a year away from Jurassic World hitting theaters, but there’s already a lot of buzz surrounding the long-awaited next installment of the Jurassic Park franchise — and a new photo posted online by director Colin Trevorrow only adds to the hype.
Trevorrow posted the shadowy shot to Twitter yesterday, accompanied by the simple, cryptic message “Nights.” In the image, the jaws of a jagged-toothed dinosaur can be seen in shadow against the backdrop of a street at night. The sinister image doesn’t seem to correlate with the known varieties of dinosaur that have been introduced in the franchise so far, so there’s reason to believe this could be one of the new dinosaurs set to make its debut in Jurassic World.
It’s also worth noting that some photos posted on ComingSoon.net from this year’s Licensing Expo in Las Vegas feature a large, aquatic dinosaur with a similarly jagged set of teeth on some of the Jurassic World tie-in merchandise, leading the site to speculate that this could be the same dinosaur from Trevorrow’s photo.
Set 22 years after the events of the original Jurassic Park, the new film stars Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Vincent D’Onofrio, Judy Greer, and Lauren Lapkus. It arrives in the theaters June 12, 2015.
- At SDCC, Strange New Worlds goes full musical and more Star Trek trailers
- Star Trek: Strange New Worlds season 2, episode 1 release date, time, channel, and plot
- Star Trek: Strange New Worlds season 2 trailer unveils Lower Decks crossover
- Where to watch Jurassic World Dominion
- What it’s like to be Jurassic World’s live-action dinosaur wrangler