We’re still a year away from Jurassic World hitting theaters, but there’s already a lot of buzz surrounding the long-awaited next installment of the Jurassic Park franchise — and a new photo posted online by director Colin Trevorrow only adds to the hype.
Trevorrow posted the shadowy shot to Twitter yesterday, accompanied by the simple, cryptic message “Nights.” In the image, the jaws of a jagged-toothed dinosaur can be seen in shadow against the backdrop of a street at night. The sinister image doesn’t seem to correlate with the known varieties of dinosaur that have been introduced in the franchise so far, so there’s reason to believe this could be one of the new dinosaurs set to make its debut in Jurassic World.
It’s also worth noting that some photos posted on ComingSoon.net from this year’s Licensing Expo in Las Vegas feature a large, aquatic dinosaur with a similarly jagged set of teeth on some of the Jurassic World tie-in merchandise, leading the site to speculate that this could be the same dinosaur from Trevorrow’s photo.
Set 22 years after the events of the original Jurassic Park, the new film stars Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Vincent D’Onofrio, Judy Greer, and Lauren Lapkus. It arrives in the theaters June 12, 2015.
- Ex-BioShock developers offer details about their new game, ‘The Blackout Club’
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’: Everything we know about the sequel so far
- Let’s do the time warp: ‘American Horror Story’ heads to the future for season 8
- Everything you need to know about Fuchsia, Google’s mysterious new OS
- ‘Anthem,’ BioWare’s ambitious answer to ‘Destiny,’ reportedly pushed to 2019