Your grandmother’s family cartoon, this clearly isn’t. The short preview opens with an animated montage of the dog humping the patriarch’s leg, a boy being kicked square in the junk, the oldest son flashing his middle fingers around indiscriminately, the mom putting a bowl over her head while she cries, and a puking incident at the dining table. There should be more where that came from, because as Netflix says, this is “a time when you could smack your kid, smoke inside and bring your gun to the airport.” Ah, the ’70s.
With The Simpsons‘ Michael Price on board, the cartoon’s dysfunctional family humor should be top-notch. The series also boasts a talented cast of voice actors who will bring it to life. Burr and Laura Dern will voice the heads of the family, parents Frank and Sue Murphy. Their oldest son, Kevin, will be voiced by Justin Long.
Burr warned fans on Twitter to “look out!” when he shared the teaser and release date, and he was right to issue an advisory. It’s not one for the kiddies, sure, but it’s definitely one that will peak the interest of Family Guy and Simpsons lovers.
— Bill Burr (@billburr) November 6, 2015
In addition to Burr, actor Vince Vaugn is set to executive produce, along with Wild West Television’s Michael Lagnese and Victoria Vaughn. The series will premiere with six episodes to start on Netflix on December 18.
- Spotify makes its Family plan more enticing with a free Google Home Mini
- The best Blu-ray movies to show off your home theater
- Which Verizon plan is best for you? We check out family, individual, and prepaid
- Switching to the ‘Un-carrier?’ Here’s a breakdown of T-Mobile’s plans
- How to add family members to your Apple Music subscription