Following a turn at Comic-Con, Sinbad may soon sail into a theater near you! Get it? Sinbad the sailor “sails into theaters”…? Anyway, Giant Flick Films is seeking a distributor to help expose its newest take on the classic character from “One Thousand and One Arabian Nights”, the same collection that has spawned classics like “Aladdin”, “Ali Baba and the Forty Theives”, and “The Sultan and the Beggar”, a pre-cursor to Mark Twain’s “The Prince and the Pauper”.
Filmed on a low budget with a definite homage to effects legend Ray Harryhausen, the movie stars Shahin Sean Solimon (Djinn) as Sinbad and Patrick Stewart. The plot follows Sinbad after his legendary travels, and finds the sailor and hero bored with the peaceful life and eager to recapture past glories. When the Sultan’s first-born daughter is kidnapped by an evil sorcerer, Sinbad must cross deserts and seas in order to rescue her.
Check out the trailer and sound off below. Does Sinbad have what it takes?
- Cortana, meet Alexa: Buy an Xbox One from Amazon and get a free Echo Dot
- Xbox One vs. Xbox One S: Is a mid-tier upgrade worth your money?
- The best Xbox One games (October 2018)
- Going, going, gone! A rare Ferrari 250 GTO sells for more than $48 million
- Bullet time on a budget: Insta360’s $400 One X camera is ready for action