The latest trailer managed to pack in quite a bit of fresh footage, with new scenes of Chris Pratt’s dinosaur-wrangling character observing from safety, running from, hiding from, and finally chasing (with a team of velociraptors) the man-made creature that has turned the park into its personal hunting grounds.
Safety Not Guaranteed filmmaker Colin Trevorrow directed the upcoming film, which is set several decades after the original Jurassic Park and chronicles the problems that arise when the park’s management decides that it needs to create a new attraction to drum up attendance. That new attraction ends up generating the wrong kind of excitement, however, when the genetically manipulated dinosaur gets loose and begins to hunt the island’s inhabitants.
Along with Pratt, the film stars Bryce Dallas Howard (The Help), Ty Simpkins (Insidious), Jake Johnson (Let’s Be Cops), Nick Robinson (The Kings of Summer), Irrfan Khan (Life of Pi), Vincent D’Onofrio (Daredevil), BD Wong (reprising his role from the original Jurassic Park), Omar Sy (X-Men: Days of Future Past), Judy Greer (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes), Lauren Lapkus (Blended), and Andy Buckley (Bridesmaids).
Jurassic World hits theaters June 12.
- Box-office bosses: The highest-grossing movies of all time for each month
- Feeling nostalgic? Here are the 25 best Sega Genesis games
- Disney reveals epic first picture from Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge attraction
- Amazon launches IMDb Freedive, an ad-supported streaming service
- The best N64 games of all time