The new preview for Jurassic World that aired during this weekend’s Super Bowl offered yet another peek at the film’s terrifying super-dinosaur that will send park guests screaming and running once again in the upcoming sequel.
The latest trailer managed to pack in quite a bit of fresh footage, with new scenes of Chris Pratt’s dinosaur-wrangling character observing from safety, running from, hiding from, and finally chasing (with a team of velociraptors) the man-made creature that has turned the park into its personal hunting grounds.
Safety Not Guaranteed filmmaker Colin Trevorrow directed the upcoming film, which is set several decades after the original Jurassic Park and chronicles the problems that arise when the park’s management decides that it needs to create a new attraction to drum up attendance. That new attraction ends up generating the wrong kind of excitement, however, when the genetically manipulated dinosaur gets loose and begins to hunt the island’s inhabitants.
Along with Pratt, the film stars Bryce Dallas Howard (The Help), Ty Simpkins (Insidious), Jake Johnson (Let’s Be Cops), Nick Robinson (The Kings of Summer), Irrfan Khan (Life of Pi), Vincent D’Onofrio (Daredevil), BD Wong (reprising his role from the original Jurassic Park), Omar Sy (X-Men: Days of Future Past), Judy Greer (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes), Lauren Lapkus (Blended), and Andy Buckley (Bridesmaids).
Jurassic World hits theaters June 12.
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’: Everything we know about the sequel so far
- Watch all the Super Bowl movie trailers from this year’s game
- Grab your fedora: Here’s everything we know about ‘Indiana Jones 5’
- From ‘Annihilation’ to ‘Super Troopers 2’: The most anticipated movies of 2018
- ‘The Walking Dead: Our World’ AR game unleashes zombies in your neighborhood