Directed by Camille Delamarre (Brick Mansions), who served as an editor on 2008’s Transporter 3 and a second-unit director on the ongoing series, aptly titled Transporter: The Series, the new film has Frank becoming an unwilling participant in a client’s efforts to take down a human-trafficking ring. The Transporter: Refueled is set in various locations throughout the French Riviera, and the studio is clearly hoping to give fans much of the same high-speed automobile stunt work that — along with Statham’s performance as Frank Martin — made the original franchise such a hit.
It’s worth noting that in some of the early reports on the film from its producers and in the trailer itself, there’s specific mention of the evolving technology in the automobile world. How that will play into the movie remains to be seen, but it’s certainly an intriguing aspect of the franchise’s return.
Contrary to the trailer’s promise of the movie coming “this fall,” The Transporter: Refueled is scheduled to hit theaters June 19, 2015.
- Borderlands is back! Watch the full trailer for Eli Roth’s upcoming video game movie adaptation
- Humanity faces the Fall of Reach in new Halo season 2 trailer
- Anya Taylor-Joy brings the heat in Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga’s first trailer
- Spielberg and Hanks revisit World War II in Masters of the Air’s first trailer
- Disney+ and Hulu drop first trailer for Marvel’s Echo