Directed by Camille Delamarre (Brick Mansions), who served as an editor on 2008’s Transporter 3 and a second-unit director on the ongoing series, aptly titled Transporter: The Series, the new film has Frank becoming an unwilling participant in a client’s efforts to take down a human-trafficking ring. The Transporter: Refueled is set in various locations throughout the French Riviera, and the studio is clearly hoping to give fans much of the same high-speed automobile stunt work that — along with Statham’s performance as Frank Martin — made the original franchise such a hit.
It’s worth noting that in some of the early reports on the film from its producers and in the trailer itself, there’s specific mention of the evolving technology in the automobile world. How that will play into the movie remains to be seen, but it’s certainly an intriguing aspect of the franchise’s return.
Contrary to the trailer’s promise of the movie coming “this fall,” The Transporter: Refueled is scheduled to hit theaters June 19, 2015.
- Michigan’s former transportation chief has some advice for wannabe smart cities
- Smarter cities need smarter addresses. And you just need 3 words
- Boxy shuttles, not cars, will be people’s first taste of autonomous vehicles
- Volvo Trucks – Our first commercial autonomous transport solution
- British Army tests autonomous glider drone for transporting supplies, soldiers