Cyber Monday has faded into the sunset, but you can still grab some of the biggest Cyber Monday smartphone deals, and these offers could tempt you to upgrade your older phone or snap up a special gift for a loved one. If you specifically want a mobile device bearing the beloved Apple logo, we’ve got all the best Cyber Monday iPhone deals still available with special prices for both the newest and older models. There’s literally something for everyone.
Shop by model:
These bargains can save you enough cash to pair your shiny new iPhone with one of these Cyber Monday Apple Watch deals. Don’t forget to keep this page bookmarked and check back often, as we will be adding new deals constantly as the holiday sale season rolls on.
Apple’s latest phone is on sale across multiple merchants right now, but if you’re looking for the best Cyber deal, you’ll want to look at specific carriers. Though Apple is currently offering a trade-in deal if you have an old iPhone.
- Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max (AT&T) — Up to $700 back with trade-in
- Apple iPhone 12 Mini (Verizon) — Up to $412 off
- Apple iPhone 12 Mini (AT&T) — Up to $700 back with trade-in
- Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max (Verizon) — Up to $440 back
- Apple iPhone 12 Pro (AT&T) — Up to $700 back with trade-in
With the iPhone 12 being the hottest Apple product this season, some of the best sales today are on the previous iPhone 11. Here are the best deals on iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pros:
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max, 512GB, Unlocked (Renewed) — $1,099
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro (Verizon) — Up to $850 back with trade-in and new line
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro or 11 Pro Max 64GB (AT&T) — Up to $700 back
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max (Verizon) — Up to $850 back
- iPhone 11 — Up to $210 off with trade-in
We’ve already found some good sales on the iPhone XR and iPhone XS for Cyber Monday. Apple is even offering up to $210 off the price with select trade-ins:
- Apple iPhone XR, 64GB, Fully Unlocked (Renewed) — $399
- Apple iPhone XS (64GB, Renewed) — $478, was $650
- Apple iPhone XS Max (64GB, Fully Unlocked, Amazon Renewed) — $545
- Apple iPhone XR, 64GB — Up to $700 off with trade-in, was $750
- iPhone XR — Up to $210 off with trade-in
- Apple iPhone 8, 64GB - for AT&T/T-Mobile (Renewed) — $248, was $550
- Apple iPhone 8 Plus, 64GB, Silver - for AT&T/T-Mobile (Renewed) — $358, was $385
If you’re okay with buying an older iPhone model, we’ve found some rock-bottom prices on the iPhone 8 for Cyber Monday:
How to choose an iPhone during Cyber Monday
Apple’s iPhones don’t go on sale that often so these big holiday sales are your best chance to score one at a discount. There are plenty of Cyber Monday iPhone deals to choose from, but with seven current iPhones on the market, taking the time to sort through them all might prevent you from acing the right deal before it sells out. You can start by looking at our guide to the best iPhone to buy in 2020, and you’ll want to narrow down your choices a bit ahead of time by setting a budget and figuring out what screen size and features you’re looking for. If you’re confused by the huge range of iPhones available, you’re not the only one. We review some of the most popular models below to help you choose.
For the 2020 fall season, Apple again rolled out four devices for the 14th iPhone generation, which could be a temptation to upgrade from your old iPhone 11 to an iPhone 12, or to upgrade from your iPhone 11 Pro to an iPhone 12 Pro. If you have an older device, you might also consider upgrading from your iPhone XR to an iPhone 12. The new devices include the 6.1-inch iPhone 12 and 5.4-inch iPhone 12 Mini, which stand as the more affordable flagship devices similar to the iPhone 11, alongside the iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max, which are the more premium models. These all run on the latest A14 Bionic chipset and feature a return to the classic squared-off design that we haven’t seen since the days of the iPhone 4, along with some other upgrades such as enhanced camera modules. If you’re not sure whether the Pro name is worth the extra money, take a look at our guide to the iPhone 12 vs. iPhone 12 Pro for more details.
Earlier this year, Apple added the second-generation 4.7-inch iPhone SE to the 13th generation iPhone stable. It features the same A13 Bionic chip inside an iPhone 8 body and represents a very affordable alternative to the flagship models — it currently stands as the cheapest new iPhone you can buy — so if you like cheaper and smaller phones, it’s a good pick even after Black Friday.
The 2019 iPhone lineup included the 6.1-inch iPhone 11, 5.8-inch iPhone 11 Pro, and 6.5-inch iPhone 11 Pro Max, which all featured similar internal hardware built on the A13 Bionic chipset. However, with the introduction of the iPhone 12 range, Apple discontinued the iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max, while keeping the iPhone 11 as a cheaper flagship alternative. You’ll still be able to find the previous Pro generation though, and discontinued iPhones are a great way to score a great phone at a lower price.
The oldest iPhones we recommend that are still good performers are the 2018 models, including the 5.8-inch iPhone XS, 6.5-inch iPhone XS Max, and the budget-friendly 6.1-inch iPhone XR. There aren’t a ton of the iPhone XS and XS Max handsets floating around anymore, having been discontinued by Apple, but they are still some of the best Cyber Monday iPhone deals if you want something even cheaper than the 2020 iPhone SE. Amazon has them in Renewed condition (refurbished to work and look like new) for cheap, and some carriers, particularly prepaid service providers, are still selling them new.
Should you buy an iPhone during Cyber Monday?
An iPhone is a considerable purchase, so if you’ve been thinking about buying one then you’ll understandably be looking for the best price. The good news for you is that right now there are still lots of Cyber Monday iPhone deals available. We know from our experience watching the sales in previous years that Cyber Monday is the time when you’ll see the best prices all year round, including on high-end items like iPhones. So there’s no better time to treat yourself to a new iPhone than right now.
How much should you spend on an iPhone on Cyber Monday?
Everyone knows iPhones are expensive — but traditional wisdom is a little behind the times, as Apple has expanded its range to include a wider range of price points. Apple’s iPhone range now starts from the $400 iPhone SE (2020) and goes all the way up to the $1,100 iPhone 12 Pro Max. The net can be cast even wider once you start including older iPhones and the second-hand market, so you can honestly expect to find an iPhone suitable for almost any budget, as long as you’re willing to compromise on certain features.
But what about discounts? Well, that’s an even harder question to answer. Apple tends to keep its discounts on new models down, though you can find some excellent discounts on Apple-refurbished gear. The biggest discounts will come from trading in older phones, and as bonuses for signing up to new carriers and for adding new lines — expect anywhere between $250 and $700 for those. However, older models and second-hand models will also see some excellent discounts, and you can expect to see several hundred dollars drop off the prices of the older iPhones around.
Are any iPhone deals too good to be true?
It’s always worth keeping a cool head around sales, lest you be tempted to buy a product that isn’t as good as it seems — but that risk is rather lower where Apple’s excellent iPhone range is concerned. Regardless of the model you buy, you’re probably going to get an excellent device.
However, that doesn’t mean you should buy whatever pops up. Different iPhones are better for different people, and if you love a large screen, you’re unlikely to be happy with the iPhone 12 Mini, no matter how low the price. Make sure you do your research, find out what each iPhone’s specialty, and don’t be tempted to buy a product by a low stock alert or ticking timer.
Where to find the best iPhone Sales
- Amazon Cyber Monday: Amazon is a great place to look for iPhone deals on carrier-unlocked devices if you want to bring a phone to a service provider of your choice. Amazon also offers quite a few renewed iPhones, which are in like-new condition, for very nice discounts.
- Best Buy Cyber Monday: Best Buy has quite a few iPhone deals on offer, but pretty much all of them require activation with AT&T, Verizon, or T-Mobile/Sprint. However, the deals are often quite good if you’re already a customer or are looking to switch carriers.
- Target Cyber Monday: Target has the latest iPhone 11 and iPhone 12 models available, and deals on older models if you’re willing to go with AT&T as your carrier.
- Walmart Cyber Monday: Walmart offers some nice standalone discounts on prepaid iPhones tied to services like Straight Talk, Total Wireless, and Walmart’s own Family cellular plan. Walmart also sometimes has worthy upgrade deals for AT&T and Verizon customers that can let you save on the latest iPhones.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- The best iPhone deals for Black Friday 2020
- Best Apple Cyber Monday deals: iPhone, MacBook, and iPad sales
- Best smartphone deals for November 2020: iPhone, Samsung, and Google Pixel
- The best Apple Black Friday deals for 2020
- Apple iPhone SE (2020) vs. Apple iPhone XR: Which budget iPhone is better?