Presidents’ Day is today, and while it’s a lesser-celebrated holiday than most – and typically doesn’t bring the same big sales as holidays like the Fourth of July or Labor Day – it still offers some nice opportunities to grab big-ticket items at a discount. Tech deals are always hot items during these holidays, but the best Presidents’ Day sales for 2019 also feature a great selection of things like televisions and home appliances. If you’re hoping to pick up something great from Amazon, Walmart, Dell, or just about any other major retailer, now is a great time to do so.
Whereas Valentine’s Day deals are great for gifts such as flowers, these savings are better for electronics, clothing, home and office stuff, and other such goodies. We’ve smoked out a large handful of the best Presidents’ Day deals you can find online right now, from discounted tech devices to bedding, to help you save some time and cash:
Computer and Tech Sales
- Amazon: Amazon’s Valentine’s Day and Presidents’ Day sales are sort of running together, offering a ton of discounts on great tech (particularly its own line of Kindle and Echo devices). A handful of the best sale items are the new Kindle Paperwhite ($100/$30 off), the second-gen Echo Plus ($120/$44 off) and the Samsung 49-inch QLED 4K smart TV ($798/$302 off).
- Walmart: Walmart is offering rollbacks of up to 50 percent off of electronics through the weekend. Some of our favorite picks include the $390 Xbox One X and NBA 2K19 bundle ($110 off), $829 MSI GV62 Nvidia GTX 1060 gaming laptop ($170 off), the $79 Bose SoundLink Micro speaker ($20 off), and $370 Vizio 55-inch 4K smart TV ($100 off) — with the added benefit of free shipping.
- Lenovo: Take as much as 70 percent – up to $710 – off of select Lenovo PCs including laptops, desktops, and tablets, as well as PC accessories. This sale runs through Monday, February 18.
- HP: As you’d expect from HP, its sale features a variety of computers and other office goodies such as printers. These discounts shave up to 55 percent off the price of HP laptops, printers, desktops, and all-in-one PCs.
- Dell: Dell has a boatload of PC deals for Presidents’ Day, letting you save as much as $860 on PCs (including laptops, desktops, 2-in-1s, and gaming machines) and up to 40 percent on TVs, monitors, and other electronics.
- Newegg: Newegg’s Presidents’ Day sale is slashing prices on select PCs, televisions, computer components, and PC accessories by as much as 85 percent, letting you save up to $500 through Monday. We’ve also gathered some of the best laptop deals all in one place to make things easy on you.
- Leesa: Leesa is offering 15 percent off all of their mattresses for over the weekend. Additionally, you can get two free pillows with your purchase.
- HelixSleep: You can take $200 off your purchase of $1,750 or more with code PREZ200, $150 off your purchase of $1,250 or more with code PREZ150, or $100 off a Helix Mattress with code PREZ100.
- Tuft and Needle: From now through February 25, you can save $150 on a new Mint mattress from Tuft and Needle. This offer also includes 2 free pillows.
- Casper: From now until Tuesday, February 19, Casper is offering 10 percent off any order with a mattress. Additionally, if you use the exclusive promo code DIGITALTRENDS at checkout, you can save $75 on select mattresses.
- Nectar: Nectar is offering $125 off and two free pillows when you buy a new mattress. All together, that comes out to a $275 value you can only get during this mattress sale.
- Layla Sleep: For a limited time, you can get $125 off a new mattress and two premium pillows for free.
- DreamCloud: Unlike some of the other mattress brands on this list, DreamCloud is offering something a lot more straightforward. From now through Monday, you can get $200 off the price with your mattress purchase.
- Under Armour: The UA Outlet Exclusive sale is going on right now through Monday, February 18. During this time, you can get up to 40 percent off a huge range of outlet items.
- Macy’s: Through Monday, Macy’s has a ton of men’s, women’s, and kids’ clothing items on sale (including shoes and accessories), and Star Rewards members can get $10 back for purchases of $50 or $100 depending on your membership level. All buyers get free shipping with orders of $49 or more.
- J. Crew: To celebrate Presidents’ Day (and the nice three-day weekend), J. Crew is giving shoppers 40 percent off their purchases – including already-discounted sale items – with the checkout code YESPLEASE.
- Gap: Take 40 percent off of everything from the Gap through Monday with the coupon code GREAT. Gap Factory is also offering discounts of between 40 and 60 percent sitewide, plus an extra 20 percent off at checkout with the code LAYERITON. Grab more than $50 worth of gear and you’ll get free shipping, too.
- Old Navy: For a limited time, you can save up to 50 percent with this storewide sale. These deals are available from the online retailer as well as in-store over the weekend. Now is a great time to get a great price with this promotion.
- Nordstrom: If you’re looking for offers on some of the best clothing around, Nordstrom is offering up to 40 percent off select styles during their winter sale.
- Levi’s: Need a new pair of jeans for spring? Levi’s is offering 30 percent off with this sitewide sale when you use the code WHYWAIT.
Home and Office Sales
- Walmart: Walmart, like Amazon, is one of those stores that just has everything, and its Presidents’ Day sale is similarly extensive. Through Monday, you can save a bundle of cash on outdoor furniture, décor, storage, bedding, sofas, and just about anything else you need for every room in the home. Though they are not offering the HomePod anywhere.
- Target: The Target Presidents’ Day sale is focused mostly on home items like furniture, home goods, and décor, letting you take as much as 25 percent off through Monday. You can also take another 15 percent off on certain marked items with the checkout code HOME.
- Overstock: Overstock’s sales get bigger each year, and the 2019 event knocks as much as 70 percent off of a wide variety of home décor, furniture, lighting, bedding, office supplies, and many more select items.
- Wayfair: Wayfair’s “Presidents’ Day Blowout” is true to its name, offering big savings of up to 75 percent off of a myriad of goods from furniture and bedding to kitchen cookware and home décor.
- Pottery Barn: This furniture retailer is offering 70 percent off outdoor and indoor furniture, bedding, and décor during a one day sale. These discounts end today, February 18.
- Walmart: Given that Walmart offers just about everything at a discount during these holiday sales, it’s no surprise that you can also find a bundle of appliances (both big and small) at nice rollback prices.
- Target: Along with its furniture and décor sale, Target is also offering discounts on a bunch of smaller home appliances. This sale offers nice savings on things like coffee makers vacuum cleaners – although you’ll have to look to other retailers for big kitchen appliances.
- Best Buy: Best Buy has one of the best appliance sales going right now, letting you save up to 35 percent on brand-name refrigerators, washers, cooking ranges, and more. Unlike other Presidents’ Day sales, this one is running until February 27.
- Home Depot: In similar fashion to Best Buy’s sale, Home Depot is offering discounts as high as 35 percent on select brand-name home appliances. This offer runs through Wednesday, February 27, giving you some extra time to shop.
- Sears: What else would you expect from Sears if not great appliance deals? With up to 40 percent off, this is a great time to pick up a fridge, washer, dryer, or other major appliance for less.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- Walmart Presidents’ Day sale: Instant Pot, Google Home, and 4K TV deals
- Walmart drops a killer Instant Pot deal for Presidents’ Day weekend
- Walmart drops prices on Samsung 4K TVs during Presidents’ Day sale
- The best Presidents’ Day vacuum deals: Roomba, Dyson, and Bissell
- Walmart slashes prices on Google Home during its Presidents’ Day sale