With Presidents Day sales upon us, this is an excellent time to look for great Presidents Day washer-dryer sales. Home appliance brands and merchants have been gearing up for Presidents Day washer-dryer deals during this first major sales event of the year. We scoured merchant sites for the best Presidents Day washer-dryer deals and will continue to update this site as more deals arrive.
Best Presidents Day washer-dryer sales 2021
Should you buy a washer-dryer on Presidents Day?
Yes. As mentioned above, this Presidents Day 2021 is the first big sales event of the year. Retailers caught up with the end-of-year madness made even wilder last year because of 2020’s unexpected pandemic-related boom in home goods, home appliances, electronics, and home exercise equipment, and manufacturers are back in production mode. Appliance brands and retailers expect the continued increase in time people spend at home will drive product sales. Presidents Day traditionally focuses on home supplies such as mattresses, appliances, and entertainment components. If you’re shopping for Presidents Day washer-dryer sales, you’ll have a wide selection of aggressively priced deals as brands compete for your business.
How to choose a washer-dryer on Presidents Day
Are you shopping for Presidents Day washer-dryer sales to buy appliances that will sit behind doors out of sight and get little use? Or are you seeking a Star Fleet Captain’s Deck-worthy combination on raised pedestals that you, your family, and guests will admire whenever you pass by? If you’re just seeking a functional unit to clean and dry your clothes, you can get away with spending less.
- Size and space — How much room do you have in your laundry area? If you already have or are building a relatively large laundry room, the issue of size and space likely doesn’t matter much. However, if your washer and dryer must fit behind louvered doors in your kitchen or off a nearby hallway, size matters indeed. Many homes have laundry hookups in unfinished basement areas, where space isn’t restricted — chances are pretty good you won’t spend a ton to buy a fancy set of front-loaders to sit between a rusty oil tank and an ancient home furnace, but you could if you wanted. So, unless you have loads of room, be sure to measure twice before you order.
- Style — Do you prefer top loaders or front loaders? The cool looking washers and dryers are usually front loaders. However, water won’t likely ever be an issue with a top-loading washer. The leak resistance of a front-loading washer is only as good as the seals around the door (Have you checked your washer seals lately?). Top load or front load doesn’t matter as much for dryers as the issue does for washers, that’s why most dryers (but not all) are front loading. Style also applies to colors and finish, and there are plenty of choices for both. Color and finish matter most if your laundry equipment is on display.
- Features — If the only clothes sorting you do before running a wash load is darks and lights, you will probably be fine with basic washer and dryer features. If you prefer to separate based on fabrics and have a significant amount of wash that requires delicate handling or special temperatures, you’ll want to look for washers with an array of settings, features, and perhaps even separate sections or containers for particular fabrics.
- Fuel (dryers only) — Gas dryers cost more than electric models to buy and install, but in most cases, gas dryers cost less in the long run. Gas dryers still use electricity to turn the drum, but gas fuels the heating elements. If you don’t already have a gas line near where you will place your new dryer, check out the cost of installing or moving a gas line before you order a gas dryer.
- Energy efficiency — Write this down: ENERGY STAR. Look for energy ratings to enjoy considerable savings on electric energy costs as long as you own your washer and dryer.
- Cost — Even if you have an unlimited budget, it’s pretty hard to spend more than $4,000 to $5,000 on a washer-dryer package. You can also find plenty of excellent choices for less than $600 per unit with some models significantly less. If you want to level up without going too far, there are many feature-rich washer-dryer pairs for under $2,000, especially when you shop for Presidents Day washer-dryer deals.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- The best washer dryer combo machines for 2021
- How long should your appliances last?
- Best cheap washer and dryer deals for April 2021
- Gas dryers vs. electric dryers
- Front-load vs. top-load washers