When you think of new and exciting technology, washers and dryers probably aren’t the first items that come to mind. However, washers and dryers are appliances that everyone needs and uses, and they have come a long way in technological improvements over the years. If you are in the market for a new washer and dryer, the choices are vast, and options can get pricey. To help you out, we have selected some of the best washers and dryers deals for you, so you can make an informed decision and save some money.
Today’s top washer and dryer bundle deals
- Pyle Portable Washer & Dryer Combo — 142, was 316
- Artist Hand 1.85 cu. ft. High Efficiency Portable Washer and Dryer Combo — 160, was 197
- Frifer 25.5 Cubic Feet cu. ft. High Efficiency Portable Washer & Dryer Combo — 196, was 240
- Equator 1.57 Cu. ft. Front Load Washer and 3 Cu. ft Electric Dryer — 1329, was 1419
- Summit Appliance 2.7 Cu. ft. Front Load Washer and 2 Cu. ft Electric Dryer — 1360, was 1460
- Equator 1.57 cu. ft. Front Load Washer and 3.57 cu. ft. Electric Dryer — 1599, was 1780
- Samsung 2.2 cu. ft. Front Load Washer and 4 cu. ft. Ventless Dryer — 1978, was 2198
Top-load vs. front-load washers
Traditionally, washing machines were top-loaders and no one ever had to choose between a that and a front-loader in the past. Today, however, the choice comes down to a matter of comfort, the size and layout of your laundry area, maintenance concerns, and effectiveness. It has been said that a top-loader’s twisting wash motion, whether the washer has an agitator or not, is not as effective as a front-loaders tumbling wash method. It should also be noted that most front-loaders use less water than top-loaders and are therefore more environmentally friendly. That said, you can purchase a high-efficiency top-loader that will use less water and energy.
Front-load washers have been shown to be better at removing stains than top load washers. However, if you are already in the habit of pre-treating stains or if your clothes aren’t generally that stained and are just dirty, this probably won’t be an issue for you. Newer top-loaders also have tubs that are much deeper than their predecessors, and this could prove to be an issue for shorter people who can’t reach the bottom of the container.
In general, today’s appliances use more plastic parts than older ones. They are also packed with many more electronic components than older appliances. This said, modern machines, in general and according to several appliance repair people I’ve talked to, do not seem to last as long as they used to. When it comes to which design lasts longer or requires more maintenance, there isn’t a huge difference between front-loaders and top-loaders.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- Best cheap pressure washer deals for May 2021
- Best cheap home gym deals for May 2021
- Best cheap drone deals for May 2021: DJI, Potensic, Holy Stone and more
- The best curved monitors for 2021
- Prime Day Deals 2021: When is it, and what can we expect?