The new Amazon Prime perk is effective immediately at all Whole Foods Markets in Florida. Amazon will extend the discount and deals program to all Whole Foods Market and Whole Foods Market 365 stores nationwide beginning this summer.
Discounts and special deals
Prime members will save in two ways with the new Whole Foods Market perk: Discounts and deals. Scan your Prime Code or enter your phone number when you check out, and you’ll get an extra 10 percent discount on all sale items in Whole Foods Market stores. The discount doesn’t apply to everything in the store, just the items on sale. Prime members will also receive additional deep discounts on select best-selling items, that is in addition to the incremental 10% off sale items.
“This new Prime benefit at Whole Foods Market is a perfect pairing of healthy and delicious food at even more affordable prices,” said Amazon Prime vice president Cem Sibay. “Our vision is that every day Prime makes your life better, easier and more fun, and shopping at Whole Foods Market with exclusive deals and savings is all of this and more.”
Whole Foods Markets will also feature Prime member deals in stores for extra savings. For example, during the first week in Florida stores, May 16-22, the following Prime member deals will be available:
- Sustainably sourced, wild-caught halibut steaks: $9.99/lb. (save $10/lb.)
- Organic strawberries: 1 lb. for $2.99 (save $2)
- Cold-brew coffee at Allegro coffee bars: 50 percent off 16 oz.
- Kind granola: 11 oz. bag, 2/$6
- 365 Everyday Value sparkling water: 12-pack case, buy one, get one free
- Magic Mushroom Powder: 50 percent off
“We’re thrilled for Whole Foods Market to be part of the Prime experience,” said Whole Foods co-founder and CEO John Mackey. “By offering greater discounts on sale items, and exclusive deals like $10 off a pound for sustainably sourced, wild-caught halibut, launching savings for Prime members is an amazing opportunity to bring our industry-leading quality standards and delicious food to more customers at a better price.”
Already an Amazon Prime member? Start by downloading the Whole Foods Market app, sign in with your Amazon account. When you get to check out scan the app’s Prime Code at checkout. If you forget your phone or didn’t download the app, you can also use your phone number to check out
Updated on May 16 with corrected information about additional deep discounts on select best-selling products.
- Amazon Prime members can get a free Whole Foods delivery within two hours
- Amazon might offer a pickup service for Whole Foods and other retailers
- Walmart makes good on its grocery delivery promise in North Carolina city
- Grocery delivery company Thrive Market wants to end ‘food deserts’
- Amazon offers a discounted Prime membership for folks on Medicaid