If you’re prone to burning dishes and swearing at your oven, then Dacor’s new voice-activated oven ranges. The iQ Controller and iQ Remote app, which works with both Android and iOS, allow users smarter control of Dacor’s Discover iQ line, such as the Dual-Fuel ranges that launched in 2014.
Designed to work either in person when the cook’s hands are otherwise occupied or via phone for the on-the-go chef, the voice-activation feature can turn the oven on or off, switch settings, and set timers. Have the oven preheated and ready to go by the time you get home by using the app, even if you’re in the car (and using hands-free Bluetooth, of course).
The voice-activation joins another handy, already released feature. If you’re stumped on what to whip up for dinner, the Discovery iQ Recipe Box can come to the rescue. The range’s built-in tablet shows you the recipe right on the screen, and you can utilize the Dacor iQ Cooking application on Android phones in tandem with it.
You won’t be able to talk to your range until spring 2015, when Dacor unveils the new feature. The ranges with the tablet included are currently available, for $12,000 for 48-inch model and $9,000 for the 38-inch.
- The only guide you need to get started with Google’s Wear OS
- Setting up Voice Match on your Google Home? Here’s a step-by-step guide
- How to set up your Google Home device in 10 easy steps
- Put your health first and get into shape with the best iPhone fitness apps
- How to use Samsung’s Bixby assistant for all of your smartphone tasks