The Porta Rista claims to be the very first coffee system that lets caffeine addicts customize what, where, when, and how their daily cup is brewed. The modular unit grinds coffee beans, makes an espresso shot, presses a cup of long black, and drips a pour-over coffee. No matter what your poison, the Porta Rista can rise to the occasion. Thanks to the system’s various twist-on modules, you basically have a barista in your bag.
“It’s something like Lego: Imagine the coffee press, espresso machine, coffee drip, coffee grinder, capsule machine etc. all in your backpack,” said Fuse Coffee co-founder Kenneth Chai. “With the Grinder (Module Z), you can grind fresh beans in whichever grind size you like, directly into the Core unit underneath,” he added. “Then, you simply twist on Module X [an espresso maker] or Y [ a press] to brew it right away, or seal it airtight for later.”
And the best part? The modules are fully manual and require no electricity. Plus, the Porta Rista is purportedly easy to clean, as its coffee containers are all lined with non-stick coating.
The Porta Rista starts at $55 on Kickstarter, though the full set will cost quite a pretty penny at around $836.
- The best coffee makers of 2019
- Unleash your inner barista with the Gaggia Velasca Prestige espresso machine
- Amazon drops deals on Breville Nespresso coffee makers by 25% for Prime Day
- Amazon drops prices on Cuisinart coffee makers by up to 62 % for Prime Day
- Amazon slashes nearly $200 off the Saeco Xsmall Vapore espresso machine