The iPad camera is in demand now more than ever, famous for its excellent videoconferencing, film-making, photography, home security, and other visual pursuits. While iPad cameras may not be optimal for certain photographic or video purposes — your smartphone is more flexible and easier to handle — the newest iPads and iPad Pros rock some of the best tablet cameras available. Both the 12.9-inch and 11-inch iPad Pro models for 2021 boast dual camera systems with a 10-megapixel ultrawide lens, LiDAR sensor, 12MP ultrawide front lens, and 12MP rear lens, coupled with the new Apple M1 processor.
Aside from photography, you likely already use your iPad for other visual presentations, like reading sheet music, watching videos, chatting, teaching, public speaking, reading e-books, and giving performances. Keeping your large tablet steady as you shoot or observe can be a challenge, and that's where an iPad tripod comes in handy. We've gathered a few of the best tripods for the iPad.
Weiyudang Tripod Stand
- Lightweight aluminum design
- Compatible with large tablets
- Can be used on a table or the floor
- Rotates 360 degrees
- Mounts seem unstable on some units
- Tripod base is large for small tabletops
Regardless of how high you need to position your iPad — and regardless of which tablet you're using — the Weiyudang iPad Tripod Stand is there for you. The stand works with a variety of large iPads as well as various Android tablets. The lightweight folding aluminum design makes it easy to tote anywhere. Its stable, foldable body comes with a carrying case to save space. It's a full floor stand, too, so you can adjust the height from 20 inches to 60 inches for video recording, chat, movies, and e-books. It rotates 360 degrees and can be viewed in either portrait or landscape orientation or any position you choose.
UBeesize 50’’ Extendable Lightweight Aluminum Tripod Stand
- Versatile uses for cameras, smartphones, and video cams
- Special holder included for iPads
- Bluetooth remote included
- 360-degree swivel
- Durability issues reported with head mount and clasps
- Issues with remote reported
This multifunctional, versatile unit which — thanks to its standard tripod mount — works with a variety of devices, including cell phones, GoPros, and small cameras, and it ships with a tablet holder for iPad viewing, video, photography, YouTube, vlogging, and live streaming. Durable and lightweight at just 1.05 pounds, the UBeesize 50-inch tripod stand is made of aluminum alloy that provides stable support. It is extendable from 16 to 50 inches, with easy flip lock legs. The built-in bubble view levels and three-way pan head help frame your scene, while the 360-degree swivel captures panoramic images, changing from portrait to landscape mode as needed. A Bluetooth remote control lets you shoot photos or videos from up to 33 feet away.
Saiji Tablet Stand Holder
- Works with a variety of tablets and phones
- Adjustable viewing angle
- Balance of gravity design augments stability
- Difficult to repeatedly install and remove iPad
- Some issues with clamp durability reported
The Saiji is a desktop stand compatible with 4.7- to 12.9-inch phones and tablets. It also works with Nintendo Switch, Microsoft Surface Pros, and Samsung Galaxy Tabs. The Saiji Tablet Stand Holder's width is adjustable from 4.7 inches to 8.85 inches while the height is adjustable from 11.4 inches to 18.1 inches. It rotates 360 degrees. The horizontal 76-degree angle is adjustable, offering the most comfortable viewing angles and ergonomic eye-level height for watching and recording videos, viewing photos, reading, typing, and playing games. It's constructed with a sturdy aluminum-crafted column, a counterweighted round base with anti-slip silicone pads, balance-of-gravity design, and supports that keep the screen stable when you touch it.
Raking Tablet Tripod
- Comes with a wireless remote shutter
- Adjustable loading button and spring locking mount
- Fits a variety of tablets and smartphones
- Stability issues reported when tripod is extended to full height
The Raking Tablet Tripod, with its adjustable loading button and spring locking mount, is compatible with a large array of tablets and mobile devices ranging in size from 4.7 to 12 inches. It's crafted with a lightweight aluminum column, so you can adjust the height from 20 to 50 inches with a rotation of 360 degrees. Its swivel ball makes it easy to tilt the unit to achieve a comfortable viewing angle and ergonomic height. It comes with a wireless remote shutter that's small enough for your pocket and operates at distances up to 30 feet. Transport the tripod with the included zippered bag.
Acuvar Pro Series Aluminum Tripod
- Ships with a Bluetooth shutter remote for iOS and Android
- Tripod legs operate on a clasp system
- Telescoping neck aids visibility
- Not optimal for larger tablets
Big things sometimes come in small packages, and that’s the case with the aluminum Acuvar 57-inch iPad tripod stand. This tripod packs down to just 17 inches, making it easy to tote around in its own convenient travel bag. The Acuvar Pro Series Tripod fits tablets with screen sizes from 5.5 to 9.7 inches — perfect for most mid-sized iPads and Samsung tablets. Tripod legs are easily deployed via a simple clasp system: Just open a clasp to the unlocked position, then extend the legs either individually or together. Telescoping the neck is as easy as twisting the side lever clockwise for the perfect angle and height. Fold everything back to its original position for storage. The unit ships with a Bluetooth shutter remote for iOS and Android, which you can use to shoot photos from up to 30 feet away.
Grifitti Nootle Tablet Mount Adjustable Stand
- Diagonal harness holds your iPad securely
- Compatible with a wide range of larger tablets
- Not compatible with all cases or covers
- Durability issues reported with swivel head
The Grifiti Nootle Tablet Mount is a dynamic tripod that fits a number of popular tablets, including the iPad Pro and the Surface Pro. With a functional height of up to five feet, the adjustable stand is compatible with tablets ranging from 9 to 14.5 inches. It’s great for videos of all kinds, including action sports, YouTube bloggers, lecturers, and speakers. For occasions when you need stability for a larger screen, a standalone tripod like the Nootle is handy. For even more convenience, a travel case is included for supreme portability.
Joby GripTight GorillaPod Stand for Small Tablets
- Great for smaller tablets and smartphones
- Flexible legs can adapt to any shooting or viewing angle
- Adjustable for larger tablets with an add-on accessory
- Durability issues with joint holders reported
- Does not hold all devices in vertical position
The Joby GripTight GorillaPod tripod stand isn’t the tallest on the market, but it is one of the most flexible. Due to its smaller scale, the Joby can only hold an iPad Mini, but it's a great choice if you need to combo it as a smartphone or digital camera stand, thanks to the standard tripod mount. The highlight is its twisty-bulb legs. You can wrap the legs around handrails or tree branches, which is definitely out of the ordinary for a normal tripod. You can also retrofit this tripod to get a better fit for larger iPads by purchasing the Joby GripTight Pro Mount. The accessory enables any of your GorillaPod stands to hold up to 10-inch tablets for additional flexibility.
- Apple iPad is almost back down to its cheapest-ever price
- The best phones in 2023: our 13 favorite smartphones you can buy
- iPad Mini just dropped back down to its cheapest-ever price
- The best parental control apps for iPhone and Android
- The best iPhone 14 Pro cases: 15 best ones you can buy