Amazon reports that over one million Kindle units have been sold each week for the last three weeks — basically, ever since the Kindle Fire hit the market.
The notoriously tight-lipped retailer revealed the Kindle sales numbers this week, though it’s worth noting that Amazon doesn’t make a distinction between the Kindle Fire and the older Kindle e-readers. Nevertheless, the retailer reported that sales of all Kindle products have been in the millions now across the digital and brick-and-mortar markets.
The report of Kindle sales comes on the heels of some criticism for the Kindle Fire, including many complaints that Amazon has promised to fix with an upcoming update. Still, with the Kindle Fire appearing on just about every holiday gift guide in existence this year, it’s likely that Amazon still has a few more weeks left to ride the tablet computer’s wave of popularity.
- Here are some common Kindle Fire problems, and how to fix them
- The best cheap Kindle deals for June 2020: Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Oasis
- Amazon Kindle Unlimited Free Trial: How to sign up without paying a dime
- Prepare for the week ahead with a free Amazon Kindle Unlimited subscription
- Amazon Kindle still at its cheapest-ever price following Memorial Day