OnePlus gave the job of unboxing the phone to Jake Paul, an ex-Vine star and popular YouTuber, who climbs aboard what looks like a MiG-15 aircraft in Prague, Czech Republic, to open up the OnePlus 3T’s box and take a look inside. This isn’t a video where all the ins-and-outs of the 3T are critically examined, but that’s hardly a surprise, due to it being OnePlus’s own video and shot at a time when the Paul was experiencing up to six times the force of gravity.
Paul holds the phone, and his lunch, during the flight; noting how the new gunmetal finish differs from the silver body of the now discontinued OnePlus 3. He even manages to snap a selfie with the 16-megapixel front camera. Given that Paul isn’t a fighter pilot, he does a pretty good job during the video, and we doubt it will be an experience he’ll forget.
For OnePlus though, crazy marketing stunts are nothing new. It has a long history of coming up with grand schemes and complex competitions to promote its phones. The OnePlus 3 could be delivered in an hour, for example, and was even revealed at a launch event that took place in virtual reality. The jet fighter unboxing isn’t the only crazy stunt for the OnePlus 3T either, and OnePlus India’s general manager did a bungee jump to announce the phone’s local launch date.
What next? With OnePlus, who knows; but we’ll put $50 on the inevitable OnePlus 4 being unboxed in space.
- OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro are latest Android phones to get Android 12 Oxygen OS
- Samsung’s Android 12 and One UI 4 update comes to the Galaxy Z Flip and Fold 3
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Series to get One UI 4 Beta for Android 12
- Samsung’s Galaxy S21 FE could still cost you $700 when it launches in January
- Your $1,000 flagship may not have faster 5G speeds than a budget phone