We know The Avengers are a team of superheroes, but are they really super-friends?
A recent video posted on YouTube seems to make a pretty good case for Captain America, Iron Man, Black Widow, and the rest of the team being pretty good pals — but that could just be because it’s set to the theme song from ’90s sitcom Friends, which makes everything seem more, well… friendly (clap, clap, clap, clap), and also pretty ridiculous.
Created by YouTube user Jeremiah Rivera, who previously created a Friends-themed opening for the Harry Potter franchise, the video is a montage of scenes from The Avengers and various Avengers: Age of Ultron trailers. Favorite moment: The one where Hulk slams around Loki to the annoyingly iconic clapping part referenced above.
Maybe it’s the editing skills of the video’s creator — or possibly that ridiculous font — but this opening theme makes a convincing argument for a new sitcom in which Captain America and Thor share an apartment across the hall from Black Widow and Hawkeye, and Bruce Banner occasionally meets them at the first-floor coffee shop owned by Tony Stark.
Be honest: We’d all watch it.
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’: Everything we know so far
- AMC will host the ultimate Marvel marathon before ‘Avengers: Infinity War’
- Insomniac’s ‘Spider-Man’ is out this September exclusively for PS4
- Between the Streams: Venomless trailer, Game of Thrones Star Wars, ‘Solo’ time
- ‘Black Panther’ breaks $600 million at domestic box office