Immortals stars Henry Cavill, the man set to don the iconic tights of Superman next year in Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel. But before he becomes faster than a speeding bullet, Cavill will play another kind of superhero. Immortals is the story of Theseus (Cavill), the man chosen by the Gods to be their champion and defend humanity from the Titan, Hyperion (Mickey Rourke).
Hyperion is seeking the Epirus Bow, a weapon created by Ares which could be used to free the other Titans. Due to ancient laws the Gods cannot interfere so Zeus chooses Theseus, who is joined by the priestess Phaedra (Frieda Pinot) and a slave (Stephen Dorff).
In another coincidental turn, the role of Zeus will be played by Luke Evans, who seems to have gotten himself a promotion in the Greek pantheon after having played Apollo in Clash of the Titans. Evans will not be appearing in the upcoming sequel, Wrath of the Titans.
Check out the trailer below and look for Immortals in 3D on November 11 (aka 11/11/11).
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’: Everything we know so far
- ‘God of War’ gets myth right with the liberties it takes
- ‘Wrinkle in Time’ director to helm DC Comics superhero movie ‘New Gods’
- Catch up on the entire ‘Destiny 2’ story before playing ‘Warmind’
- Here everything we know about ‘Mission: Impossible — Fallout’ so far