A Spotify rep has contacted us saying it will announce its stateside debut tomorrow morning. As assumed, it will be available via invitation and subscription, so all those who took to the site and signed up for early invite will likely be notified (the invite request is still open on the site). That’s all the music streaming service is giving us for the moment but it says more details will be available tomorrow 8 AM EST.
It’s been a long, long road to Spotify’s US launch. It’s taken nearly two years for the service to make it across the pond and its accrued an impressive handful of competitors in the likes of MOG, Slacker, and Rdio.
And since we know it plans to integrate with Facebook at launch, it’s possible the social networking site will soon make an announcement about its alleged music service. We’ll know more tomorrow morning.
- The 98 best movies on Hulu right now
- The best iPhone apps (September 2021)
- The best podcasts of 2021
- Spotify could launch its HiFi lossless audio tier any day now
- Spotify is finally bringing offline playback to Wear OS