A Spotify rep has contacted us saying it will announce its stateside debut tomorrow morning. As assumed, it will be available via invitation and subscription, so all those who took to the site and signed up for early invite will likely be notified (the invite request is still open on the site). That’s all the music streaming service is giving us for the moment but it says more details will be available tomorrow 8 AM EST.
It’s been a long, long road to Spotify’s US launch. It’s taken nearly two years for the service to make it across the pond and its accrued an impressive handful of competitors in the likes of MOG, Slacker, and Rdio.
And since we know it plans to integrate with Facebook at launch, it’s possible the social networking site will soon make an announcement about its alleged music service. We’ll know more tomorrow morning.
- Spotify’s HiFi tier was MIA in 2021. Will 2022 be any different?
- Spotify could launch its HiFi lossless audio tier any day now
- Spotify is looking to add a virtual concert feature
- Spotify Wrapped gives a personalized look at who you listened to most in 2019
- Spotify ramps up podcast discovery with ‘Your Daily Podcasts’ playlist