Not too long ago, in an effort to make buying stuff on Pinterest easier, Pinterest offered its new “buyable pins” for purchasing everything on your “Want” board without ever leaving. Today, Pinterest took the shopping experience a step further with a new feature that curates all of the trending buyable pins in one spot, referred to on the Pinterest blog as the Pinterest Shop.
If you’re not a Pinner and unfamiliar with Pinterest, before buyable pins and Pinterest Shop, you could look at all the candles and scarves on
But because you still had to weed through millions of product pins to find the products with the blue button, Pinterest was unable to completely reach Pinners who log in and are ready to shop. The
Although new and innovative for Pinterest, social media platforms are working on ways to make shopping within the platform more convenient. In the past, Facebook has experimented with its own buy buttons allowing merchants to sell their products directly from their pages. However, because the millions of
The Pinterest Shop will be available over the next couple weeks and can be found on both Android and iPhone devices by tapping Shop in the app.
- New custom feed tools will help streamline your Pinterest brainstorms
- Stay lost on Pinterest even later into the night with app’s new dark mode
- Pinterest Lens update keeps inspiration flowing beyond the first search
- Pinterest brings back the heart button with Facebook-like Reactions for groups
- This browser extension plants a tree for each of your Black Friday purchases