The day has come, Tim Cook said, to talk of Apple Watch. Apple just sent out invitations to journalists for a March 9 event in San Francisco, where all the details of the Apple Watch are expected to be unveiled. The event starts at 10 a.m. PST and will be held at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts.
The company first teased the Watch during its September iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus launch event. Ever since, Apple has been teasing its first smartwatch at a variety of events, including fashion week in Paris. It’s also focused heavily on the fashion community, with a cover on Vogue China, a 12-page spread in American Vogue, and more. Celebrated designer Jony Ive has also given several interviews detailing the design process for the watch, among other things.
Recently, Tim Cook revealed that the Apple Watch will arrive in stores this April. The company has reportedly hired fashion-savvy sales people, issued plans for store redesigns, and signed up for special, high-security jewelry safes for its gold, Apple Watch Edition devices.
At this point, little is known about the Watch’s specs beyond its screen size, its one-day battery life, and a bit of information from the WatchKit developer platform, which reveals how apps will work on the device. Just a few days ago, Cook said that he can even take a shower with the Apple Watch on, during meetings in Germany, indicating more water resistance than we previously thought.
We’ll likely find out much more during the March event, so stay tuned for more info on the Apple Watch, as we report from its final big reveal.
Check out all our Apple Watch coverage:
- Digital Trends goes hands on with Apple Watch
- Six ways the Apple Watch put every other smartwatch to shame
- Even Apple’s enemies need the Apple Watch to succeed
- Apple Watch app aims to measure glucose levels
- The 18K gold Apple Watch may be a gold mine
- Tim Cook explains why the Apple Watch and Apple Pay will succeed
- Jony Ive says round smartwatches make no sense and other design decisions
- WatchKit SDK reveals how the Apple Watch will work
- Everything we know about the Apple Watch
- These are the best cheap Apple Watch deals for August 2020
- 3 smartwatch deals you can’t afford to miss today
- The best Apple Watch cases for 2020
- The best Apple Watch accessories
- Apple reportedly targeting 2021 unveiling, 2022 launch for AR/VR headset