It’s hard to imagine living today without a consistent internet signal and if you experience frequent interruptions, you understand how frustrating it can be to rely on an insufficient internet signal. Fast and stable home internet is no longer a luxury, but a necessity. Many people rely on the web for work, learning, and communicating with distant loved ones. You also need high-speed internet for data-hungry activities such as online gaming and the streaming of movies, live sports, and TV shows. So whether you want to cut the cord, improve your online gaming experience, or just upgrade your sluggish internet service to a faster one, this up-to-date roundup of the best high-speed internet deals and bundles is the place to start.
Thankfully, the ubiquity of high-speed internet means that you can get the bandwidth you need for cheaper prices than ever before. As fiber-optic networks roll out across the country, gigabit internet is also more accessible. You should also check out these wireless router deals to save even more money on equipment rental fees.
- — Internet plans starting at $40, plus a free year of Disney+ for new members. The $80/month Fios Gigabit plan also nets you a free router rental, a free year of Hulu, and you can now mix and match services to build a custom bundle.
- — Internet 1000 Mbps gigabit plans starting at $60/month (the same price as the Internet 300 plan) for a limited time. The AT&T TV + Internet all-inclusive package includes TV and 300 Mbps internet for $95/month with no extra charge for unlimited data. Bundle TV and internet and get a free Visa gift card worth up to $300.
- — Internet plans starting at $50/month with speeds of up to 400 Mbps, free modem rentals, free antivirus software, and no data caps. Internet plus TV bundles also start at $95/month, and Spectrum is offering up to a $500 buyout of your current contract if you switch.
- — Infinity’s 200 Mbps plan starts at $40 per month; bundle with basic TV for $15 more. High-speed internet-only gigabit plans start at $80, and you can save $15 with a free self-installation kit.
- — Optimum is offering new customers gigabit internet for $55 per year for life — no introductory offers or “first year only” caveats. Internet and TV bundles start at $55/month, with the $95/month package offering the best value with 200 Mbps speeds, 340+ channels (including some premium ones like HBO), and free Showtime and Starz for one year.
Verizon’s high-speed internet service has a lot to offer, with speeds starting at 100-200 Mbps for $40 per month, and new customers get a free year of Disney+ (which reverts to just $7 per month after your free year is up). The best value is arguably the $80/month Fios Gigabit plan which includes 940 Mbps internet and a free router rental, and Verizon is now allowing you to build your own internet, TV, and phone bundle so you can create a customized package that won’t leave you paying for stuff you don’t want or need.
AT&T is a solid option if you’re looking to bundle internet with TV. High-speed Internet 1000 fiber optic plans start at an introductory $40 per month right now, or you can opt for a AT&T TV + Internet bundle for $95 per month with no extra fee for unlimited data allowance (a $30 value). New customers who bundle TV and internet can also get a Visa card worth as much as $300.
Spectrum internet plans start at $50 per month with speeds of up to 400 Mbps which isn’t a mind-blowing deal by itself, but the ISP is offering free modem rentals as well as free antivirus software with your plan. Basic speeds start at 100 Mbps, too. Furthermore, if you’re locked into a contract with another ISP you’re unhappy with, Spectrum is offering up to $500 to buy it out for you. Internet plus TV bundles also start at just $95 per month, which is one of the better deals going for a package of this kind.
Xfinity is a solid no-frills choice if your needs are moderate. The 100 Mbps “Performance 100” plan starts at $40 per month, and for $15 more you can bundle that plan with a basic TV package (upgraded TV and internet packages with 200 Mbps internet can be had for just $5 more). High-speed internet-only gigabit plans start at $80 if you don’t need TV bundled. You can also save $15 with Xfinity’s free self-installation kit.
Basic internet plans from Cox run the gamut from $30 per month for 10 Mbps download speeds up to $80 per month for speeds of up to 500 Mbps, with two tiers in between these two. Cox also has its high-speed “Gigablast” internet plan which starts at $100 per month, giving you even faster download speeds of up to 940 Mbps. TV and internet bundles are available starting at just $90, with 150 Mbps speeds and 140+ channels.
Windstream plans start at introductory pricing of $36 per month for the Enhanced Kinetic package (200 Mbps speeds with no data cap), but you can enjoy speeds of up to 1,000 Mbps with Windstream’s high-speed internet plans that start at just $66 — making this ISP one of the cheapest options for gigabit internet. It’s also a great value if you’re looking to bundle, with basic TV and internet packages start at $55 and TV and gigabit packages available for as low as $75.
Suddenlink’s basic internet plans start at $35 per month with modest speeds of up to 100 Mbps and gigabit plans available for $75 per month, but if you’re looking to bundle, the ISP’s basic internet and TV packages might be a better value starting at a very affordable $80 per month. If all you need is fast internet, high-speed 400 Mbps fiber-optic plans are available for $55 per month.
Optimum has a 940 Mbps gigabit plan available for $55 per month right now. That’s for life, meaning that the price won’t “return to normal” (i.e. go up) after your first year. On top of that, Optimum has some nice internet and TV bundles that get you 200 Mbps download speeds along with 200+ channels (with the option of adding premium ones like HBO), starting at $80 per month with free installation.
Looking for more great stuff? Head over to our curated Deals Hub.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- Best cheap MacBook deals and sales for September 2021
- Best Nintendo Switch deals and bundles for September 2021
- Best Buy is having a HUGE SALE on laptops, tablets and TVs today
- Best cheap iRobot Roomba deals for September 2021
- Best cheap smartwatch deals for September 2021