There are many reasons why you might be in dire need of a new phone, whether the battery on your current one is starting to give up the ghost or just starting to feel sluggish. With companies like Apple, Samsung, OnePlus, Huawei, and Motorola constantly rolling out new devices, there’s never a bad time to take advantage of slashed prices on quality smartphones that will blow your old model out of the water.
If your phone needs an update and you’re ready to score a discount on a new wireless device, here are a bundle of smartphone deals available right now. The list includes a handful of sales on unlocked smartphones, exclusive carrier offers, and BOGO deals, and can save you as much as $950. Getting a new phone doesn’t have to cost you an arm and a leg.
The best deal
T-Mobile: If you don’t want to buy two devices to get the best smartphone deal, then T-Mobile is currently offering some rebates on Android and Apple phones. These deals let you get between $360 and $390 back in bill credits when you buy a Samsung Galaxy S9, S9 Plus, Note 9, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, or Galaxy S8 Active when you trade in an eligible device and add a new line. The carrier does have a couple LG BOGO deals, though, giving you a second free LG V40 ThinQ or LG G7 ThinQ when you buy a pair of either of these devices.
More carrier smartphone deals
Cellular service providers regularly offer enticing incentives to get you to switch to their LTE plans. So if you’re looking for a new carrier, you can save a good chunk of change and even score a free device by taking advantage of one of these smartphone deals from Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, or AT&T:
- Verizon: Verizon Wireless is offering BOGO deals on a bunch of Apple and Android phones right now, giving you $750 to $800 back in bill credits toward a second Samsung Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9 Plus, Galaxy Note 9, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, LG G7 ThinQ, or LG V40 ThinQ when you either buy two of these Android devices (within the same brand). The Samsung Galaxy S8 is also on sale by itself for $100 off, the Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL are on sale for $300 off, and the iPhone 6s is on sale for $230 off with no trade-in required.
- AT&T: AT&T has a pile of trade-in rebates on name-brand Android and Apple flagships, giving you $750 to $790 in credits toward a second iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, XS Max, iPhone XR, Samsung Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9 Plus, or Galaxy Note 9 when you buy two on AT&T Next. Or, you can get as much as $425 toward the LG V35 ThinQ or LG V40 ThinQ with an eligible trade-in, or as much as $950 back toward a second one when you buy two.
- Sprint: Sprint currently has some big discounts on Android and Apple devices, letting you get an iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus for just $90 ($5 per month) with an 18-month rent-to-own Sprint Flex lease and a new line. Other Apple deals let you score the $750 iPhone XR for free with a Flex lease of a second XR, iPhone XS or XS Max, and the iPhone X is on sale all by itself for just $337.50 ($18.75 per month). Android deals knock the Samsung Galaxy S9 down to $90 ($5 per month), the Galaxy S9 Plus down to $180 ($10 per month), or the Galaxy Note 9 down to $360 ($20 per month) when you purchase one and add a new line — no trade-in necessary.
Unlocked smartphone deals
Carrier offers typically require you to sign up for a specific service or trade in an old device to get your discount. These smartphone deals, on the other hand, let you enjoy big savings on unlocked mobile phones when you buy them outright:
- Huawei Mate SE: Huawei has a number of budget-friendly alternatives to brand-name flagships. The Mate SE is one that you may have missed, and it’s an absolute steal at $220 from Amazon and B&H after a $30 discount.
- Samsung Galaxy J2: Samsung has its own lineup of entry-level Android devices; originally made for foreign markets, budget Samsung phones like the Galaxy J2 have been growing in popularity here recently. It’s easy to see why: You can grab the unlocked Galaxy J2 for a super-cheap $96 from Amazon.
- Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra: Sony’s Xperia lineup remains highly underrated in the huge market of Android smartphones, with these devices offering flagship-like features at midrange prices. The Xperia XA2 Ultra is a good example of the value that Sony’s phones provide and comes in at just $250 from Amazon and B&H.
- Moto G6: The Moto G is still one of the best budget Android smartphones on the market today. B&H has the unlocked Moto G6 for $185 and the G6 Play for $165, each with a $15 coupon redeemable on the product page.
- Blu R1 HD: Blu is a relatively new player that is challenging Motorola in the “budget Android phone” market. If you came here looking for one of the cheapest unlocked Android phones on our list, then check out the R1 HD. The unlocked 16GB R1 HD rings in at just $80 from Amazon.
- LG G6: You can save a lot of money on great hardware by opting for last-gen flagships like the excellent LG G6. You don’t need to tie yourself to a carrier to score a deal on this brand-name Android phone, though: Prime members can score it from Amazon for $360 ($340 off).
- Samsung Galaxy S9: The Samsung Galaxy S9 is one of the best Android devices to hit the market in 2018, and if you don’t want to tie yourself to a carrier just yet, then you can score the unlocked version from B&H for just $570 and enjoy a $150 discount.
- Moto X4: The Moto X is another affordable entry in the Moto series, and one aimed at the midrange price bracket. Particularly notable is that the XR boasts an impressive water-resistant all-glass body. You can grab an unlocked X4 for $165 (a nice $185 discount with the $25 clickable coupon) from B&H.
- Google Pixel: Another fantastic 2017 flagship (and one of our favorites) is the Google Pixel. You can grab an unlocked 32GB model for an affordable $325 from Amazon.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- Samsung Galaxy S10 vs. LG G8 ThinQ: Spec comparison
- Apple drops $150 off the iPhone SE with another clearance discount
- The best iPhone apps available right now (April 2019)
- The Nokia 7.1, one of the best budget smartphones, is on sale right now
- The best bezel-less phones cut all the right corners without losing space