No matter the operating system, the manufacturer, or the carrier, we all need a new smartphone now and then. Sometimes it’s to alleviate the frustration of sluggish app performance, other times it’s because we dropped our old handset in the toilet. There’s always room for an upgrade, even if it’s only because the battery on your current phone is starting to give up the ghost or because the OS is just starting to feel long in the tooth. With companies like Apple, LG, Google, Sony, and Samsung constantly rolling out new smartphones, there’s never a bad time to take advantage of slashed prices on Google Pixel and iPhone deals that will blow your old model out of the water — and with Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and other holiday sales underway, now’s a fine opportunity to score a new device on the cheap.
If your phone needs an update and you’re hunting around for a good discount on a new one, here is a bundle of smartphone deals available right now. The list includes a handful of sales on unlocked smartphones, exclusive carrier offers, and buy-one-get-one-free deals, and can save you as much as $1,200. Getting a new phone doesn’t have to cost you an arm and a leg (though it could if you’re after some smartwatch deals as well).
Unlocked smartphone deals
- — $479
Carrier offers typically require you to sign up for a specific service or trade-in an old device to get your discount. These smartphone deals, on the other hand, let you enjoy big savings on unlocked mobile phones when you buy them outright to bring to a service provider of your choice:
Samsung Galaxy anniversary premium package
This isn’t a standard discount, but we’d be remiss if we didn’t include this great bundle that Samsung is offering to celebrate the 10th anniversary of its Galaxy smartphones. The Anniversary Premium Package features a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus smartphone, a Galaxy Watch Active 2, and a pair of Galaxy Buds along with two extra watch bands and a smartphone cover. Selling for $1300, the bundle nets you about $200 in savings. This sale begins December 3rd on Samsung.com.
Unlocked iPhone deals are scarce, so your best bet here is to go the refurbished route and buy a professionally recertified model from a trusted retailer. Amazon usually has a bunch on sale, and the pick of the litter is the 64GB iPhone 8. This phone is unlocked for GSM carriers (such as AT&T and T-Mobile) and rings in at around $330 right now, giving you a discount of $220.
The Galaxy flagships are getting as expensive as the high-end iPhone models now, but Samsung has thrown a bone to people who want something a bit cheaper (and smaller). The Samsung Galaxy S10e is a more pocket- and wallet-friendly alternative to the standard S10, and it’s on sale right now from Amazon. This lets you score this great little unlocked smartphone for just $559.
LG is another Android phone maker that is cranking out some of the highest-rated flagship devices that money can buy. Its 6-inch V35 ThinQ is a perfect example, with an excellent display, wide-angle camera, fast processor, and high LG-standard build quality. One of our few criticisms of the phone was its price, but you can grab a carrier-unlocked LG ThinQ V35 from Amazon right now, a far cry from its steep launch price of $900.
Given that this is the company behind the Android operating system, it’s no surprise that Google’s Pixel 3 offers what might be the best out-of-the-box Android experience on the market. Its flagship smartphones are affordable compared to the competition, too (given that Apple and Samsung are now releasing flagships in the $1,000-plus range), and this deal lets you score them for even cheaper: The 5.5-inch Pixel 3 is now on sale for $479, while is marked down to $549.
Carrier smartphone deals
Cellular service providers regularly offer enticing incentives to get you to switch to their LTE plans. So if you’re looking for a new carrier, you can save a good chunk of change and even score a free device by taking advantage of one of these smartphone deals from Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, or AT&T. Though we will likely see some upgraded offers during the best Labor Day sales.
- : If you’re looking to switch carriers, T-Mobile has some attractive offers. New customers who join T-Mobile can take advantage of discounts, trade-in deals, and BOGO offers on the new iPhone 11, Samsung Galaxy S10, Galaxy Note10, Google Pixel 4, LG G8 ThinQ, and the Apple iPhone 8, getting up to $1200 back in bill credits. T-Mobile is also giving away free budget phones including the Motorola Moto E and Samsung Galaxy A10 when you add a new line to your plan.
- : Verizon has a bundle of various deals on Apple and Android devices including the iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy S10, Galaxy Note 10, Galaxy Note 9, Google Pixel 3, Pixel 4, LG G8 ThinQ, and more (these deals also include the larger “Plus” models, where applicable. There are also some free offers on cheaper devices like the iPhone 7 and Mogo G7 Play when you add a new line — no trade-in required.
- : AT&T is offering some nice freebie deals for customers who buy a phone and sign up for an unlimited data plan. Free smartphones eligible for this promotion include newer models like the iPhone XR, Samsung S10e, LG G8 ThinQ, and the new Google Pixel 4 (which might be the best of the bunch). There are also discounts available on the new iPhone 11, Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Galaxy S10, and iPhone 8 that can save you up to $950 with a qualifying trade-in.
- : For the holidays, Sprint has some nice deals that can get you an iPhone 11 for as little as nothing with an eligible trade-in, or you can get a free Samsung Galaxy S10 when you add a new line to your plan. There’s also a BOGO offer on the new Google Pixel 4 if you add or upgrade two new lines for each device. There are also a basketful of standalone deals on iPhones, Samsung flagships, LG devices, and others.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- The best cases on sale for your new iPhone 11, Galaxy S10, and Google Pixel 4
- The best cheap phones for 2019
- The best smartphones for 2019
- Learn how to get a new smartphone for $0 with AT&T’s Black Friday special offer
- Every 5G phone announced so far