There are many reasons you might be in dire need of a new phone, whether due to battery life or for other reasons. With companies like Apple, Samsung, OnePlus, Huawei, and Motorola recently rolling out new flagship devices, now is your chance to take advantage of slashed prices on quality smartphones that will blow your old model out of the water.
If your phone needs an update and you’re ready to score a discount on a new wireless device, here are a handful of smartphone deals available right now. The list includes a few sales on unlocked smartphones, as well as some carrier offers that can save you as much as $850. Getting a new phone doesn’t have to cost you an arm and a leg.
The best deal
Sprint: Sprint currently has some big discounts on Android and Apple devices, letting you get $450 back when you buy an iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus with an eligible trade-in. Other Apple deals let you score the $900 iPhone X or $750 iPhone XR for free, the iPhone XS for $375, or the XS Max for $450 with the trade-in of an eligible last-gen flagship. Android deals let you grab the Samsung Galaxy S9 for $270, the Galaxy S9 Plus for $324, or the Galaxy Note 9 for $360 when you purchase one on an 18-month rent-to-own Sprint Flex lease and add a new line (no trade-in necessary).
More carrier smartphone deals
Cellular service providers regularly offer enticing incentives to get you to switch to their LTE plans. So if you’re looking for a new carrier, you can save a good chunk of change and even score a free device by taking advantage of one of the best smartphone deals from Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, or AT&T:
- AT&T: AT&T has a bundle of nice BOGO and rebate deals on name-brand Android and Apple flagships for DirecTV customers: Buy two iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, XS Max, iPhone XR, Samsung Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9 Plus, Galaxy Note 9, or LG V35 ThinQ smartphones on AT&T Next and enjoy between $600 and $850 back in bill credits toward the value of the second phone (the rebate amount varies by model). If you don’t want to buy two and/or you’re not a DirecTV customer, you can still get up to $600 back on a Galaxy S9, S9 Plus, or Note 9 with an eligible trade-in.
- T-Mobile: When it comes to Apple’s offerings, T-Mobile is letting you take up to $390 off the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, or iPhone XR with a qualifying trade-in. New Android trade-in discounts also let you take as much as $360 off devices including the new OnePlus 6T, Samsung Galaxy S9, S9 Plus, Note 9, Galaxy S8, or S8 Active.
- Verizon: Verizon Wireless is offering BOGO and rebate deals on a handful of Apple and Android phones right now. With a qualifying trade-in, you can take $300 off a Google Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Samsung Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9 Plus, Galaxy Note 9, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone XS, or iPhone XS Max when you purchase one of these devices and add a new line. The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and Galaxy S8 are also on sale for $100 off with no trade-in necessary.
Unlocked smartphone deals
Carrier offers typically require you to sign up for a specific service or trade in an old device to get your discount. These smartphone deals, on the other hand, let you enjoy big savings on these unlocked mobile phones when you buy them outright:
- LG G6: You can save a lot of money on great hardware by opting for last-gen flagships like the excellent LG G6. You don’t need to tie yourself to a carrier to score a deal on this brand-name Android phone, though: B&H has it in stock for $400, a savings of $300, while Prime members can score it from Amazon for an even cheaper $360 ($340 off).
- Samsung Galaxy S9: The Samsung Galaxy S9 is one of the best Android devices to hit the market in 2018, and if you don’t want to tie yourself to a carrier just yet, then you can score the unlocked version from B&H for just $600 for a $120 discount.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: If you want to score an unlocked version of Samsung’s latest flagship, the excellent Galaxy Note 9, then you’re in luck. Samsung is currently offering a double trade-in bonus that gives you as much as $600 toward a new Note 9, letting you score one for as low as $400.
- Blu R1 HD: Blu is a relatively new player that is challenging Motorola in the “budget Android phone” market. If you came here looking for one of the cheapest unlocked Android phones on our list, then check out the R1 HD. The unlocked 5.2-inch model rings in at just $80 ($50 off) from Amazon.
- Moto G6: The Moto G is still one of the best budget Android smartphones on the market today. Amazon is offering the unlocked sixth-generation Moto G for $230 ($20 off), and Prime members can score the G6 Play for $190. No Prime membership? No problem — B&H also has the G6 for just $230 and the G6 Play for $200.
- Moto X4: Another affordable entry in the Moto series, aimed at the midrange price bracket, is the Moto X4, which boasts an impressive water-resistant all-glass body. Prime members can grab an unlocked X4 for $200 (a nice $150 discount), but even if you don’t have Amazon Prime, you can still get one for $300 from Amazon as well as B&H.
- Huawei Honor 7X: Huawei has a number of budget-friendly alternatives to brand-name flagships. Its surprisingly great Honor 7X is a sleeper hit that you may have missed, and it’s an absolute steal at $200 from Amazon.
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2: We’ve seen no shortage of alleged “flagship killers” that too often fall short of expectations, but the new Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 actually lives up to this promise. This budget-friendly dual-sim smartphone punches well above its weight at just $349 from Amazon after a nice $350 price cut.
- Nokia 6.1: The Nokia 6.1 is all-new for 2018, and it’s arguably the best budget Android phone to come out this year, with hardware that outshines most other cheap smartphones. Both Amazon and B&H have unlocked models in stock for $230, saving you $40.
- Sony Xperia M5: Sony’s Xperia lineup remains highly underrated in the huge market of Android smartphones, with these devices offering flagship-like features at midrange prices. The Xperia M5 is a fine example of the value that Sony’s phones provide and comes in at just $125 from B&H with a 50-percent discount.
- Google Pixel: Another fantastic 2017 flagship (and one of our favorites) is the Google Pixel. You can grab an unlocked 32GB model for $340 from Amazon and save $310 off of its retail price. B&H also has the larger Pixel XL on sale for $320, or $480 off.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- Apple iPhone XS Max vs. Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Powerhouse face-off
- Apple iPhone XS Max vs. Huawei P20 Pro: Clash of the titans
- Here’s our comparison of the most bezel-less designs among smartphones
- Verizon’s buy one, get one offer is the best deal on the new Google Pixel 3
- Google Pixel 3 XL vs. Samsung Galaxy Note 9 vs. OnePlus 6T vs. Huawei Mate 20 Pro