No matter the operating system, the manufacturer, or the carrier, we all need a new smartphone now and then. Sometimes it’s to alleviate the frustration of app delays, other times it’s because we dropped our old handset in the toilet. There’s always room for an upgrade, even if it’s only because the battery on your current phone is starting to give up or because the OS is just starting to feel sluggish. With companies like Apple, LG, Google, Sony, and Samsung constantly rolling out new smartphones, there’s never a bad time to take advantage of slashed prices on Google Pixel and iPhone deals that will blow your old model out of the water. After Google’s much-anticipated Pixel event today, you may want to look at our Pixel 4 hands-on review for your next phone purchase.
If your phone needs an update and you’re ready to score a discount on a new wireless device, here is a bundle of smartphone deals available right now. The list includes a handful of sales on unlocked smartphones, exclusive carrier offers, and buy-one-get-one-free deals, and can save you as much as $900. Getting a new phone doesn’t have to cost you an arm and a leg — though it could if you’re after some smartwatch deals as well.
Unlocked smartphone deals
- — $356
- — $459
Carrier offers typically require you to sign up for a specific service or trade-in an old device to get your discount. These smartphone deals, on the other hand, let you enjoy big savings on unlocked mobile phones when you buy them outright:
Unlocked iPhone deals are scarce, so your best bet here is to go the refurbished route and buy a professionally recertified model from a trusted retailer. Amazon usually has a bunch on sale, and the pick of the litter is the 64GB iPhone 8. This phone is unlocked for GSM carriers (such as AT&T and T-Mobile) and rings in at around $490 right now, giving you a discount of up to $160.
The Galaxy flagships are getting as expensive as the high-end iPhone models now, but Samsung has thrown a bone to people who want something a bit cheaper (and smaller). The Samsung Galaxy S10e is a more pocket- and wallet-friendly alternative to the standard S10, and it’s on sale right now from Amazon for $111 off with checkout coupon redeemable on the product page. This lets you score this great little unlocked smartphone for just $532 right now.
LG is another Android phone maker that is cranking out some of the highest-rated flagship devices that money can buy. Its 6-inch V35 ThinQ is a perfect example, with an excellent display, wide-angle camera, fast processor, and high LG-standard build quality. One of our few criticisms of the phone was its price, but you can grab a carrier-unlocked LG ThinQ V35 from Amazon right now, a far cry from its steep launch price of $900.
Given that this is the company behind the Android operating system, it’s no surprise that Google’s Pixel 3 offers what might be the best out-of-the-box Android experience on the market. Its flagship smartphones are affordable compared to the competition, too (given that Apple and Samsung are now releasing flagships in the $1,000-plus range), and this deal lets you score them for even cheaper: The 5.5-inch Pixel 3 is on sale, while is available for $600.
Carrier smartphone deals
Cellular service providers regularly offer enticing incentives to get you to switch to their LTE plans. So if you’re looking for a new carrier, you can save a good chunk of change and even score a free device by taking advantage of one of these smartphone deals from Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, or AT&T. Though we will likely see some upgraded offers during the best Labor Day sales.
- : If you’re looking to switch carriers, T-Mobile has some attractive offers. New customers who join T-Mobile can take advantage of discounts, trade-in deals, and BOGO offers on the iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and XS Max, Samsung Galaxy S10 (including the S10e and S10 Plus), and LG G8 ThinQ, getting between $310 and $900 back in bill credits.
- : Verizon has a bundle of various deals on Apple and Android devices including the iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS and XS Max, Samsung Galaxy S10 (all models), Galaxy Note 9, Google Pixel 3 and 3 XL, LG V40 ThinQ, and LG V8 ThinQ. You can get up to $750 back in bill credits when you buy two of the Galaxy devices, or you can save between $300 and $450 on any of these phones (some discounts require a trade in, some do not). Looking for a 5G phone? Verizon is also offering $200 to $650 off the 5G LG V50 ThinQ for new customers.
- : AT&T is offering some BOGO deals on Apple and Android flagships, giving you back between $750 and $830 toward an iPhone XR, Samsung Galaxy S10e, or LG G8 ThinQ when you buy two on AT&T Next. New customers who sign up for AT&T and aren’t looking to buy two phones can also enjoy discounts on the iPhone 7 and iPhone 8.
- : For Apple fans, Sprint is offering standalone discounts on the iPhone 8 and iPhone XR, but if you want a BOGO deal, you can get $900 in bill credits back toward an iPhone XR when you buy it along with an iPhone X, XS, XS Max, or XR on a rent-to-own Sprint Flex Lease. Android offers include discounts on a wide variety of Google, Samsung, and LG flagships, offering some options for people who don’t want to buy two phones to get a deal.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- Dark Mode in iOS 13 proven to extend battery life of OLED iPhones
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Review: The Note for everyone else
- A OnePlus fire engine is roaming London answering phone battery emergencies
- Old flagship phones worth buying in 2019
- Nokia 7.2 vs. Nokia 7.1: Reset your expectations of what $350 will buy