Winter is in full swing but we’re not yet into the coldest month of the year (that’d be February), so if you’re in need of a new jacket or some other outdoor gear, now’s not a bad time to start looking — especially with ongoing New Year’s retail events like Moosejaw’s “Don’t Go Extinct Sale” which is slashing prices on The North Face jackets, backpacks, and more by up to 40%. These deals also include other top brands like Fjallraven, Columbia, Outdoor Research, and others, so if you’re not letting Old Man Winter keep you from enjoying the great outdoors and it’s time for some new kit, then read on and be sure to check out the rest of the sale offerings for more deals.
A backpack is easily one of the most important pieces of equipment you’ll be carrying on the trail, and a bad one can make life unpleasant real quick. A quality pack should be properly sized (both for your body and for the stuff you’re carrying), made to withstand the elements, well-designed to allow you to easily access your stuff when you need it, and of course, it should allow you to comfortably carry your load without wrecking your back and shoulders.
The North Face makes a wide variety of backpacks that tick all these boxes, ranging from small daypacks to larger rucks for extended thru-hikes. The Moosejaw Don’t Go Extinct Sale has several dozen on sale right now, and here’s a handful of our favorite picks which cover a nice spread of prices, sizes, and features to suit most needs and budgets:
- The North Face Electra 12 Liter Daypack — $41 (was $55)
- The North Face Griffin 75 Liter Backpack — $224 (was $310)
- The North Face Terra 40 Liter Backpack — $105 (was $150)
- The North Face Hydra 26 Liter Backpack — $105 (was $150)
- The North Face Lineage 23 Liter Ruck — $64 (was $99)
- The North Face Berkeley 25 Liter Backpack — $45 (was $65)
When you think of The North Face you probably think of the brand’s excellent and hugely popular jackets, and they’re popular for a reason. From its lightweight windbreakers and rain jackets to its heavier parkas and puffer coats, The North Face makes some of the best outerwear on the market today, and it’s been a staple for many adventurers and outdoor athletes for decades now.
Moosejaw’s discounted offerings for The North Face men’s jackets are quite as extensive as those for women’s outerwear, but with a few dozen different styles marked down right now, there’s still a very good chance that the “Don’t Go Extinct Sale” has just what you need to keep you warm and dry during your next outdoor excursion:
- The North Face Men’s Essential H2O Jacket — $126 (was $180)
- The North Face Men’s ThermoBall Pullover — $126 (was $199)
- The North Face Men’s Ventrix LT Fleece Hybrid Hoodie — $120 (was $199)
- The North Face Men’s Ventrix Hoodie — $151 (was $220)
- The North Face Men’s Alphabet City Hoodie — $111 (was $180)
Moosejaw’s winter sale on The North Face gear features the most discounts on women’s jackets, running the gamut from lightweight pullovers and hoodies to extra-warm puffers and just about everything in between. With more than 150 pieces of women’s outerwear marked down, you’ll be hard-pressed not to find something you like, but if you’ve already got a particular style in mind, we rounded up some of the most popular picks to get you started — but be sure to head over to the sale page anyway to see all the offerings for yourself, as many of the best deals are already sold out in some colors and sizes.
- The North Face Women’s Campshire Pullover Hoodie — from $81 (was $149)
- The North Face Women’s Ventrix Jacket — $109 (was $199)
- The North Face Women’s Apex Flex GTX Jacket — from $114 (was $229)
- The North Face Women’s Resolve Plus Jacket — from $51 (was $99)
- The North Face Women’s Fanorak 2.0 Jacket — from $42 (was $79)
- The North Face Women’s Cryos Reversible GTX Down Bomber — from $374 (was $600)
Looking for more great stuff? Find tech discounts, New Year’s sales, and much more on our curated deals page.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- No shipping needed: These last-minute gift ideas for Valentine’s Day deliver instantly
- How to switch phone carriers
- The best news apps for Android and iOS
- The best apps for selling stuff in 2021
- The 48 best movies on Amazon Prime right now