Part of the Nintendo Switch’s appeal is its versatility — you can play it at home on your TV or on the go in portable mode. This versatility also applies to multiplayer and co-op games, which can be played with single Joy-Con controllers, in tabletop mode, and wirelessly both online and locally. Better yet, many of these Nintendo Switch games allow for crossplay with other consoles and PCs.
And while the Switch might not be the competitive powerhouse that the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X are, it still offers an incredible library of multiplayer games. In fact, the portable console is home to some of the best co-op experiences we’ve seen this generation, and new competitive games are being added all the time. Here are our favorites, whether you’re a fan of raucous racing games, mellow simulators, or monster-hunting titles of the finest caliber.
- Best indie games on Nintendo Switch
- The best party games for Nintendo Switch
- The best multiplayer games on the PS5
- Nintendo Switch Online expands with Game Boy and Game Boy Advance Titles
- Metroid Prime Remastered just surprise launched on Nintendo Switch
- Nintendo Direct February 2023: how to watch and what to expect
- Xbox Series X vs. Series S
- Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit’s studio has made an AR Hot Wheels game