Part of the Nintendo Switch’s appeal is its versatility — you can play it at home on your TV or on the go in portable mode. This versatility also applies to multiplayer and co-op games, which can be played with single Joy-Con controllers, in tabletop mode, and wirelessly both online and locally. Better yet, many of these Nintendo Switch games allow for crossplay with other consoles and PCs.
And while the Switch might not be the competitive powerhouse that the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X are, it still offers an incredible library of multiplayer games. In fact, the portable console is home to some of the best co-op experiences we’ve seen this generation, and new competitive games are being added all the time. Here are our favorites, whether you’re a fan of raucous racing games, mellow simulators, or monster-hunting titles of the finest caliber.
- Best indie games on Nintendo Switch
- The best party games for Nintendo Switch
- The best multiplayer games on the PS5
- Octopath Traveler 2: release date, trailers, gameplay, and more
- The best Android games available right now (October 2022)
- The best iPhone games to play in October 2022: Lord of the Rings and more
- The best PS5 games for 2022
- The best RPGs for PS5