Few video game consoles stirred up as much buzz as the Nintendo Wii. Before motion-tracking software was considered standard fare and shovelware began popping up left and right to take advantage, Nintendo looked to revolutionize the gaming landscape with the Wii.
The Wiimote and Nunchuck control system gave gamers a new way to game and opened the door for a new generation of interactive gaming. From brand-new motion-based party games like Wii Sports and Just Dance to groundbreaking installments to classic Nintendo series like The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and the Super Mario Galaxy, the Wii quickly became home to a stellar lineup of games for all ages.
Many of the best Wii games were Nintendo’s first-party titles that still maintain premium real estate in entertainment centers. Here is our roundup of the best Nintendo Wii games ever.
- The best Nintendo Switch games for 2023
- The best PS5 games for 2023
- The best free Nintendo Switch games
- Wii and GameCube emulator Dolphin is coming to Steam
- The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom’s fuse ability reinvents the open-world game