Customization is one of the pillars of accessibility in gaming, so it's reasonable to expect that you should be able to decide the mapping of your controller buttons. However, not every game allows you this opportunity within its settings, seemingly leaving you stuck with whatever control scheme the developers thought you should use. Luckily, Microsoft has ensured that you can fully remap your Xbox controller on a system level, eliminating this issue almost entirely. Here's how to remap your Xbox controller buttons on Xbox consoles, including the Series X and S.
When you're ready to begin remapping your Xbox controller, follow the steps below.
Step 1: Open Settings by clicking on the gear in the upper-right corner of the Xbox home screen.
Step 2: Scroll down to Accessibility on the left side of the Settings menu.
Step 3: Select Controller in the Accessibility menu.
Step 4: Select Button Mapping to access the full suite of remapping options.
Step 5: Press and hold any button you'd like to remap to begin the process.
Step 6: When you've completed remapping your Xbox controller buttons, press B to exit the menu.
- How to start the Conqueror of Jiangdong DLC in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty
- Leaked Xbox controller could fix the most underwhelming thing about the Series X
- Resident Evil 4 Separate Ways DLC: all Bug Buster bug locations
- Resident Evil 4 Separate Ways DLC: How to solve the shield wall puzzle in Chapter 4
- Resident Evil 4 Separate Ways DLC: how to solve the lithograph puzzle in Chapter 4