Taking a page from other free-to-play games with large rosters, such as League of Legends, MultiVersus gives players multiple ways to experiment with new characters. Without playing to earn enough gold to completely unlock a character, you can always play the full roster in training or local modes. However, that won’t be the way most people want to play, and with more and more characters planned to come to this crossover fighter, even the most dedicated players will have trouble earning enough currency to unlock them all.
That’s where the rotation of free characters becomes so valuable. MultiVersus rotates which characters in its roster are free for everyone bi-monthly, or every two weeks, with the current offering being four free characters at a time. Here are the characters you can play as, free of charge, right now.
- The best characters to unlock first in MultiVersus
- Is MultiVersus cross-platform?
- Best characters in MultiVersus
From September 13 through September 27, these are the free characters available in MultiVersus and the class they’re from:
- Batman — Bruiser
- Iron Giant — Tank
- Finn — Assassin
- Morty — Bruiser
Note that playing and leveling up as these characters while they’re free will carry over if you purchase them later on or if they come back into the rotation later. You will keep any mastery levels and rewards you unlock with that character. If you become attached to a character during this two-week window, you will need to either spend some Gold or Gleamium to unlock them permanently.
- Every character in MultiVersus
- Street Fighter 6: release date, trailers, gameplay, and more
- Fall Guys adds Star Trek, Aliens, and Hatsune Miku in its new season
- The best free FPS games you can play right now
- The best Android games available right now (September 2022)