Check out our full written Watch Dogs review.
Ubisoft has yet to post the PC spec requirements for its upcoming open world game Watch Dogs, but the game’s Creative Director Jonathan Morin has been less hesitant. Morin took to Twitter and confirmed what you’ll need to be packing in order to run the game at its “ultra” setting.
“We expect a lot of different specs to run the game at a high,” he tweeted (via GameSpot) “But here are the ultra specs for the few who have them and ask for it. Ultra specs: Intel Core i7-4770K with a GeForce 780.”
Morin previously tweeted the minimum PC specs as well. To run the game at all, you’ll need at least an Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz or AMD Phenom II X4 940 3.0Ghz, 6GB RAM, and a DirectX 11-capable GPU with 1GB of VRAM and support for Shader 5.0.
The game’s recommended specs were also recently revealed via a Steam listing:
- OS: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1) or Windows 8 (Please note that we only support 64 bit OSs.)
- Processor: Eight core – Intel Core i7-3770 @3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 X8 @ 4 GHz
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM – Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 ti or AMD Radeon HD 7850
- DirectX: Version 11
- Hard Drive: 25 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card with Latest Drivers
If you need to upgrade or make changes to your gaming PC, you have until May 27, when the game is released on PC, as well as PlayStation and Xbox consoles. A Wii U version will follow sometime this fall.
Ubisoft and Nvidia recently released a trailer for the PC version, and Morin confirmed that in it the game is running under the ultra requirements. Check out the video below to get a sense of how the game will look at its best.
- ‘Far Cry 5’ on PC will support multi-GPU configurations, 4K at 60 fps
- Feast your eyes on the 5 best desktops of CES 2018
- PC power level under 9,000? You can still run ‘Dragon Ball FighterZ’
- Lenovo’s updated ThinkPads include T480s with Nvidia MX150, affordable X-Series
- HP supercharges Spectre x360 15-inch with Intel 8th-Gen Core and AMD Vega graphics