The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 was one of the biggest smartphone releases of 2017, in terms of anticipation, size, and price. Because of its popularity, it’s easy to get confused by the many deals, and the many places where your can buy the Galaxy Note 8.
We’ve got a comprehensive roundup for Galaxy Note 8 buyers in the U.S. here, and below we’re gathering all the places to buy the Note 8 in the U.K.
Wallets at the ready? Just don’t forget to read our Galaxy Note 8 hands-on review before buying.
The Galaxy Note 8 is available without a contract direct from Samsung itself.
- You can buy the midnight black or maple gold version, which costs 870 British pounds, directly through Samsung’s own website. Samsung Mobile Care, a comprehensive insurance scheme that runs for 12 months, can be added for another 100 British pounds.
- Samsung also offers an upgrade program. Buy the Galaxy Note 8 for a monthly cost of 32.58 pounds over two years, and after a year, you get the chance to upgrade to any newly released product in the program. You’re entered into a two-year agreement, which is interest free but requires an 86.90 pound deposit.
- Samsung is running a free concert ticket promotion on the Galaxy Note 8 between the end of January and February 18. Buy a new Galaxy Note 8, Galaxy S8, or Galaxy S8 Plus, and get two tickets to a selected concert worth up to 140 pounds. The offer is available through several retailers, including Mobile Phones Direct, Amazon, and Samsung stores.
If you don’t want to buy an unconnected Galaxy Note 8 through Samsung, you can buy one through a high street or online retailer; but the price remains the same at the moment.
- Carphone Warehouse sells the 64GB midnight black and maple gold models for 870 pounds, and is giving buyers a free Samsung Level Box Slim Bluetooth speaker with each purchase.
- Mobilephonesdirect.co.uk sells the Galaxy Note 8 without a contract for 870 British pounds, or with a variety of contract deals with networks. Buy one before February 18, and you’ll be eligible for a pair of free concert tickets with a value up to 140 British pounds.
- Mobiles.co.uk has the 64GB phone for 810 British pounds.
- Clove Technology has the Galaxy Note 8 for 780 British pounds without a contract at the time of writing.
Want to buy your Galaxy Note 8 with a contract and service? Vodafone, O2, EE, and Three all offer deals on the new phone.
- By with EE and the network’s recommended plan is 50 pounds upfront for the phone, then 63 pounds each month for two years, including 15GB of 4G LTE data each month, and roaming in Europe. Other plans are available with higher monthly costs and more data.
- Vodafone has the Note 8 for 100 British pounds upfront, with a 70 British pound monthly contract for two years, which includes 40GB of data, and European roaming. Other plans are available at a higher upfront cost.
- Visit O2 and the phone costs 30-pounds upfront. Monthly costs vary, with O2 recommending a 65-pound, two-year tariff with 20GB of data, and a chance to upgrade the phone after a year.
- Finally, Three has the most frugal plan for the Galaxy Note 8. It’s 100 pounds for the phone, the 48 pounds each month for two years, but that only comes with 1GB of data each month. Spend 80 pounds on the phone, and 60 pounds each month, and you get 12GB of data.
The U.K. has many Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNO) that also sell phones.
- GiffGaff has the Galaxy Note 8 for 840 pounds without a contract for an unlocked phone ready to use with GiffGaff’s SIM cards. Like several other networks and retailers, buy the Note 8 here and you’ll get the free concert tickets offer worth up to 140 pounds.
- Virgin Media sells the Note 8 cheaply, if you don’t have large data needs. The phone costs nothing up front and 30 pounds each month on a 36-month contract.
- Sky Mobile sells the Note 8 on its Swap24 and Swap12 plans, where the phone can be upgraded after a year or two years. For Swap12 the phone is 100 pounds, then 45 British pounds per month for year one, and 23 pounds per month for year two. To swap the phone after a year, a one-off 276-pound payment is required. Also, you pay extra for data, and 3GB per month is an additional 15 pounds.
Other deals will surely arrive over time, and we’ll update here with the best ones.
Update: Added in the latest offers on the Galaxy Note 8, including Samsung’s free concert ticket promotion
- Amazon Prime Day Deals 2021: When is it, and what can we expect?
- The best phones for 2021
- The best camera phones for 2021
- The super-cheap Samsung Galaxy Book Go is now available, starting at just $350
- The best Samsung Galaxy S10 tips and tricks