A long time ago, in this very same galaxy, streaming Star Wars movies was a lot trickier than it is now. Ever since Disney+ became the home of the beloved sci-fi saga, though, it’s a lot easier to plan a Star Wars movie marathon.
Disney’s streaming service is now the only place you can find the original trilogy, the prequel trilogy, the sequel trilogy, and all the spin-off films (both animated and live-action). And they’ve never looked better. The original trilogy and the prequel trilogy are both available in 4K Ultra HD, while other Disney-produced films in the franchise support Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos streams (just ignore the weird new edits).
Disney+ has a massive library of films that just keeps getting bigger, too, so if you only have time to catch three or four Star Wars movies, here’s what we recommend.
- The 50 best movies on Netflix right now (January 2023)
- What’s new on Disney+ in February 2023
- The best kids movies on Disney+ right now
- The best Christmas movies on Disney+
- The best superhero TV shows of all time