In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Sylvester Stallone has confirmed that he is working on a sequel to The Expendables.
“It’s plotted out in my mind’s eye. I believe this group has to continue to evolve; it just can’t become the same people.” Stallone said. “So how do you get new people introduced into the group, and how do you have some of the other people leaving? Those are the challenges.”
The Expendables, opened on Friday to lukewarm reviews but solid box office numbers. The action movie took the top box office spot with $34.8 million.
“Most action films tend to rub people the wrong way,” Stallone told THR. “This is not to disparage critics, but the more physical and brutal an action film is, the least well it is received. It’s actually a barometer I use. That, and how many times I hurt myself.”
Co-written and directed by Stallone, The Expendables brings together some of the biggest names in the history of the action flick genre, as a group of mercenaries hired to fight a tyrannical general and a corrupt CIA agent on remote island.
- ‘Creed II’ casting sets up second-generation feud with Ivan Drago’s son
- Outkast set a high bar for hip-hop. Duo Rae Sremmurd wants to clear it
- Raphael Saadiq talks about his new album, Oscar nomination, and ‘Black Panther’
- Everything we know about ‘Star Wars: Episode IX’ so far
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’: Everything we know about the sequel so far