You need a bag to safely transport your laptop with you to work or school, but not all laptop bags are created equal. Some bags aren’t robust enough to carry heavier models or large enough to carry your charger and extra supplies. Some bags come at an affordable price, while other options are more of an investment.
Whether you’re in search of a sleek briefcase or a tricked-out gaming backpack, skip the guesswork and read on to find out the best ways to carry your laptop in 2021.
Want even more choice? Check out our guide to the best laptop bags, no matter what size machine you have.
Vaschy 17-inch Laptop Backpack with USB Charging Port
- USB charging port
- Lightweight, but has lots of storage space and organizing pockets/sections
- No water bottle pocket
This simple and reliable Vaschy backpack is made of water-resistant polyester and offers plenty of extra storage while still staying lightweight. The pack includes multiple sections, five interior pockets, and, of course, the padded laptop compartment. It also has a USB charging port built in. This allows you to easily charge your devices on the go. This is a nice feature for those frequently on the move, such as busy professionals or students.
Mancro Laptop Backpack with Charging Port
Best for students
- Tons of inner organizing pockets
- USB port included
- Padded shoulder straps
- Simple design/limited color options
This stylish, water-resistant Mancro backpack has plenty of space, making it an ideal choice for students: There are three main compartments, nine inner pockets, two sealed side pockets, and more — perfect for storing all your odds and ends, no matter how much stuff you’ve brought. The exterior is made with a nylon fabric and has padded shoulder straps. There’s also a USB port included in this pack. All the better for charging your devices.
Asus ROG Nomad V2 backpack
Best for gamers
- Dedicated pockets for gaming accessories
- Back padding is ventilated
- A bit bulky
This Asus bag is designed with school or backpacking in mind and specifically for gamers who need to carry their heavy-duty systems around. It is also made to look like a gladiator helmet, which, well — judge for yourself on that count. However, the rugged design is handy, and there are lots of dedicated pockets for headsets, mice, water bottles, keyboards, and other odds and ends that gamers may need on the go, making this a very complete package.
Everki Advance Laptop Bag - Briefcase, Fits up to 18.4-Inch (EKB407NCH18)
Best briefcase-style option
- Extra large: Can fit up to 18.4-inch laptops
- Has a trolley handle pass-through
- High-contrast lining to help you see your items
- Only comes in one color/no variety in appearance
Everki is all about productivity and usability, and this simple briefcase is an excellent choice for all kinds of work or play environments. Everything about it is no-nonsense, and it’s big enough to carry 18.4-inch laptops if necessary. The laptop compartment is a top-loading, padded option, and the briefcase includes a removable shoulder strap as well as a trolley handle pass-through.
Best luggage-style option
- Gorgeous design, made with cowhide leather
- Has a detachable wheel and handle system
- Expandable three-file divider in the front compartment for more storage space
We have to admit, this is a seriously classy laptop case for those who want to make a real statement on their travels. And “travels” is the operative word, too — no backpacking around campus for this suitcase, with its built-in wheels and extendable towing handle. The suitcase material is made from soft, plushy “cowhide leather” material. The laptop case itself includes a foam-protected compartment to minimize shock.
Solo Fifth Avenue Attaché
- Easy to use
- Has combination locks
- Sleek, professional look
- A true briefcase: So it only has a carry handle
One of the essential features of a stellar laptop case is its convenience. Sure, it has to protect your devices, but it primarily needs to be effortless to use. One excellent, statement laptop case is the Solo Fifth Avenue Attaché. This case is typically in a sleek silver color and has an extra layer of security with combination locks. You’ll find that the interior features a laptop compartment with adjustable spacers, an organizer section, and a file compartment.
Razer Rogue v3 17.3-inch Gaming Laptop Backpack
Best durable gaming laptop backpack option
- Lots of features that emphasize durability
- Bright interior colors
- Handy compartments for a variety of accessories
- Huge company logo on the front may not be ideal for those who prefer a more low-key look
For a more dedicated gaming backpack, we recommend this hardy (and stylish) Razer pack, designed to be durable enough for all your gaming accessories, including a 17-inch laptop. The outside is designed with water-resistant materials that resist tears. Inside, in addition to bright interior colors, you’ll find compartments for a variety of gaming accessories.
For more traditional purposes, the bag also includes padded straps and a mesh material back for carrying it long distances, along with a side pocket for a water bottle. But the Rogue will shine most for gamers on the go who still like to show off a little.
Kroser Laptop Backpack
Best budget-friendly option
- Budget-friendly backpack that still offers tons of helpful features
- Has a USB charging port
- It is very large, and may be too bulky for some people to carry around
Those looking for a more affordable bag that can still handle large laptops will be pleased by Kroser’s budget-friendly pack. The outside is made of a water-repellent fabric blend available in several colors, while inside you will find a padded foam compartment compatible with your 17-inch laptop and pockets for anything from an iPad to a portable power bank for recharging. And speaking of power banks, the bag also includes a built-in USB port for easy device charging.
- Dell XPS 17 laptop just got a massive price cut to match its size
- Get this 17-inch HP laptop for just $300 for a limited time
- This Alienware gaming laptop with 32GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti is $1,050 off
- Samsung’s crazy rotating 4K 55-inch monitor is $1,000 off right now
- One of our favorite gaming laptop is $550 off at Best Buy