For the past few weeks, a company by the name of Zus has been generating quite a lot of buzz with its innovative new product: the Zus Kevlar cable. Unlike most charging cables, which tend to fray or break after a few months of rough use, the Zus Kevlar is designed to withstand a ridiculous amount of abuse.
As its name suggests, the cable is reinforced with a special blend of Kevlar — which supposedly that makes it five times stronger than steel. To demonstrate this, Zus actually used the cable to tow a small car — but even after seeing the impressive demo, we wanted to put it to the test and see for ourselves. How much abuse can this cable really take? Check out the video to find out.
Pre-order the Zus Kevlar cable on:
- Charge and sync with one of our favorite Lightning cables for iPhone
- Cord-cutting 101: How to quit cable for online streaming video
- What size data plan is right for you? It all depends on what you use it for
- Native Union Eclipse review
- The 100 best Android apps turn your phone into a jack-of-all-trades