Summer is approaching, with Prime Day — Amazon’s big two-day blowout sale — happening next week. The Prime Day deals were postponed until October last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic wreaking havoc on supply chains, but for 2021, it’s back on schedule with the Prime Day 2021 date set on June 21 and June 22, poised to serve up all sorts of juicy discounts on home essentials, appliances, electronics, and more. And while tech gadgets might be all the rage during these events, Prime Day is the perfect time to snatch up some new gear for your kitchen. If you’re particularly interested in a new blender for shakes, smoothies, and other food prep, read on to find out what Prime Day blender deals we’re expecting to see.
What Prime Day Blender deals to expect
Blenders aren’t usually the most expensive appliance in your kitchen, but if you’re just after a cheap one with basic functions, you hardly need to wait around for a big sale to score one. The Prime Day blender deals we’re most looking forward to are on top models from name brands like Ninja, NutriBullet, Breville, Vitamix, Blendtec, and KitchenAid — these pricier high-end blenders are the ones where you’ll find the juiciest discounts, and if last year’s sale is any indication, we’ll be seeing more than a few of those pop up during the two-day blowout.
What Prime Day blender deals we saw last year
Thankfully, we did indeed see some awesome Prime Day blender deals last year on those aforementioned brands. The discounts were too numerous to list, but a few specific picks we liked include the Ninja Supra blender system, the Vitamix S30 blender, and the Ninja 400-watt blender and food processor combo. Common among these is that they are multi-purpose blenders that come with multiple pitchers in different sizes, allowing them to do everything from making single-serve smoothies and shakes to larger food processing tasks. If Prime Day 2021 follows in the footsteps of last year’s sale, these premium blenders and multi-use blender/processor combos will be the ones to keep your eyes peeled for.
Should you buy a new blender on Prime Day?
We’re not likely to see deals this good until Black Friday rolls around, so if you need a new blender, Prime Day is the time to get it at the best price. Don’t rush in, though; the world of blenders is a surprisingly wide one, and you’ll need to have an idea of what you want before you start shopping. The most effective strategy for shopping for Prime Day blender deals and finding the best one that meets your needs is to plan. These are the factors to consider before you buy:
- Type: Are you looking for an immersion blender (a stick-like device), a cup-capacity quick blender/chopper, a smoothie blender, an all-purpose utility blender for family cooking, or a commercial model that makes quick work of blending, cutting, mixing, or even pulverizing the thickest, toughest ingredients for hours? Prices generally follow function, and it’s easy to overbuy.
- Power: Blender brands brag about their power in watts, but the better measure is to check out the types of functions of a given blender. Just as you don’t need an 800-horsepower car for commuting, you don’t need a commercial-grade blender to whip up a single-serve smoothie.
- Size: If you’ll be using your blender for various tasks involving widely different volumes of ingredients, choose a container just a bit larger than needed for your average use. Just note that a larger than normal full-size blender can require a disproportionate amount of counter and storage space.
- Versatility: Many blenders have different speeds and functions, sometimes programmable. Again, moderation is a good idea. If you tend to stick to the same recipes most of the time, a blender with more than three or four functions and six or more speeds is likely overkill.
- Cleaning: Reading customer reviews is a great way to see how easy it is to clean a blender that catches your interest. Dishwasher-safe components are common, but sometimes disassembly is difficult. If a model is particularly problematic with regards to cleaning, it’s something you’ll likely see often among user reviews.
The best blender deals happening now
Prime Day is just a week away, but if you can’t afford to wait, then the good news is that there are still some excellent blender deals available right now:
- Our 5 favorite Memorial Day TV deals — from $198
- Our 5 favorite Memorial Day gaming PC deals — from $490
- This Sony 55-inch OLED TV is $400 off in Best Buy’s Memorial Day sale
- Our 5 favorite Memorial Day gaming laptop deals for 2023
- This laptop is $229 in Dell’s Memorial Day sale, and it’s selling fast