The summer of gaming continued with Ubisoft’s dedicated showcase on Monday. Ubisoft Forward broke down the publisher’s upcoming slate across an 80-minute main show and a 15-minute light preshow. There weren’t any surprises, but we got extended looks at some previously announced games. There were gameplay and story reveals for Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, The Crew Motorfest, and Assassin’s Creed Mirage, which had all been teased already. Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown and Star Wars: Outlaws were both announced just days earlier and also got some longer deep dives during the showcase.
- Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora is set to release on December 7
- The Crew Motorfest will drive into Oahu on September 14
- We learned more about Assassin’s Creed Nexus VR and Codename Jade
- Check out this Assassin’s Creed Mirage gameplay and story deep dive
- In first Star Wars: Outlaws gameplay, Kay is a scoundrel, flies ships
- Everything else announced
- Opening Act preshow announcements
When it comes to the Assassin’s Creed franchise, we saw some uncut Mirage gameplay and got a little taste of what’s to come after Mirage with short teasers for Nexus VR and Codename Jade. In case you missed it, this is everything that was announced during the June 2023 Ubisoft Forward.
The first story trailer for Ubisoft’s Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora showed off our Na’vi heroine and her journey from being trained by the RDA to living on Pandora after being put into cryosleep for 15 years following an attack. Now that she’s awake and the humans are back on Pandora, she seeks to protect her home. This first-person, single-player adventure, which will also feature optional two-player co-op, is set to release on December 7.
The newest addition to Ubisoft’s action-driving game franchise will take place on the Hawaiian island of Oahu this time around, and players will get to race in cars from multiple manufacturers across different eras. Players can also import their Crew car collections for free. A closed beta is set for July 21 to 23, and more information will be announced at a later date.
Ubisoft’s long-awaited VR title is almost here. You can play as Ezio, Kassandra, and Connor in VR on the Meta Quest, although few other details were announced. You can put the game on a wish list now ahead of its holiday 2023 release window. Assassin’s Creed Codename Jade, the upcoming mobile game based in China, also got a first look. Users can now register for the closed beta.
Ubisoft delved into the story of our hero, Basim, and his journey through Baghdad in Assassin’s Creed Mirage. It also showed off gameplay, which featured more traditional stealth-focused combat. The company is seeking to bring the franchise back to its roots, so we’ll see what that fully means when the game releases on October 12.
The open-world Star Wars: Outlaws was revealed at the Xbox showcase yesterday, but Ubisoft showed off an extended look at gameplay and revealed the story. Kay Vess becomes one of the galaxy’s most wanted outlaws and must take on a dangerous heist to free herself of the bounty on her head. She can also take on contracts and face off against the Empire. Ubisoft showed off a wide range of gameplay, with Kay using stealth to complete a mission and then moving to her ship for some space combat. The game is set to release next year.
- Just Dance 2024 was announced for October 24 with songs from Miley Cyrus, Bad Bunny, and more.
- Ubisoft says it hopes XDefiant can launch later this summer, but it will be holding an open session first from June 21 to 23 on PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X|S.
- A Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown deep dive revealed more about the story and gameplay.
- Adi Shankar made a flashy appearance to announce that Captain Laserhawk: A Blood Dragon Remix will be released this fall on Netflix.
- The Division Resurgence is set to release on Android and iOS this fall. You can preregister now.
- Skull and Bones is getting a closed beta from August 25 to 28.
- Jet Set Radio is crossing over into Roller Champions.
- Brawlhalla is getting a Master Chief, Combat Evolved crossover.
- Try Rocksmith+ for free on PC and with the new mobile app.
- Riders Republic‘s new skateboard add-on is coming on September 26.
- Final Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope DLC with Rayman is coming late in 2023.
- Rainbow Six Siege streamers reflected on updates that have come to the game over the past year.
- Siege to Win, a Rainbow Six Siege esports documentary, got a new trailer and will release in August.
- The Brawlhalla Iron Legion limited-time bundle is now available to claim through Prime Gaming.
- Every summer 2023 gaming showcase: full schedule of live streams
- Everything announced at Gamescom Opening Night Live 2023
- Assassin’s Creed Mirage: release date, trailers, gameplay, and more
- Everything announced at the June 2023 Nintendo Direct
- Nintendo Direct June 2023: how to watch and what to expect