The PlayStation 4 won’t be going away anytime soon, even with the PlayStation 5 launch on the horizon, so both veterans and newcomers should still be hunting for Prime Day deals for the console’s games and accessories. Amazon’s annual shopping event, which is almost over, offers a variety of Prime Day PS4 controller deals, and PlayStation 4 owners should take advantage of the discounts to snag a new controller or two before the offers are taken down.
Today’s best Prime Day PS4 controller deals
- Y Team PS4 Controller — $22, was $46
- Sikevht PS4 Controller — $24, was $36
- Chasdi PS4 Controller — $29, was $40
- Sony DualShock 4 Wireless Controller - Midnight Blue — $65, was $75
- ProControllers PlayStation 4 Custom Controller — $100, was $120
- Logitech G29 Gaming Racing Wheel — $269, was $400
Should you buy a PS4 controller on Prime Day?
There are a variety of reasons to get a new PS4 controller, including replacing a worn-out controller after years of adventures on the PlayStation 4. Your controller may be nearing retirement with an impressive mileage of button presses, not to mention the abuse it may have received if you played notoriously difficult games like Dark Souls III and Bloodborne. You may even have damaged your controller after throwing it across the room in frustration — don’t worry, you’re not alone.
You may also be looking to enable local multiplayer with your family members, since there are likely more people staying at home these days, and they may be interested in playing on the PlayStation 4 with you. An extra controller will allow you to go head-to-head in fighting games such as Mortal Kombat 11 and Tekken 7, or to work together in the co-op modes of titles such as Borderlands 3 and Diablo III.
You might even be interested in buying a controller in your favorite color, or because its design matches your gaming room’s overall theme. Whatever your reason for thinking of buying a new controller, it is a good investment because the PlayStation 4 still has a lot to offer.
Prime Day offers discounts on various PS4 games and accessories, which makes it the perfect opportunity to give your console some loving while enjoying significant savings while you’re at it. Amazon has also said that items that receive discounts for Prime Day won’t be offered with cheaper prices on Black Friday 2020 or Cyber Monday. There’s very little chance that you will be getting deals better than the Prime Day PS4 controller deals that are now available, so if you need or want a new controller, grab one before Prime Day ends.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- Escape reality online with the best cheap PS Plus deals for November 2020
- Best Black Friday PlayStation deals 2020: PS4 and PS5
- Best Black Friday PS5 video game deals 2020
- The Best Gaming Deals for November 2020: Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Xbox One
- Best Black Friday gaming deals 2020: Nintendo, PlayStation, Xbox