As confirmed by VG247, Batman: Arkham City will be released as a GFWL title, following in the footsteps of its wildly successful predecessor, Batman: Arkham Asylum. The news comes on the heels of varying reports regarding the online platform the game will use for its PC-based incarnations.
So, sorry Steamworks fans, but is the news really that surprising? After all, Bruce Wayne always struck us as a Microsoft sort of guy anyways.
Even if the news is a bit of a downer for some PC-gaming fans, there’s still a lot to be happy about regarding Rocksteady’s upcoming sequel to Arkham Asylum. For example, there’s that ridiculously cool Mr. Freeze trailer that premiered earlier this month. Go watch it again to cheer yourself up.
Batman: Arkham City hits shelves October 18 in the U.S. for Playstation 3, Xbox 360, and of course, PC.
- The Dark Knight journeys to feudal Japan in the epic anime ‘Batman Ninja’
- The best of the last-gen: Our 50 favorite Xbox 360 games
- Here’s everything we know about Hideo Kojima’s mysterious ‘Death Stranding’
- The best demos, betas, and free-to-play games you can try this weekend
- Dear game designers: Please rip off these brilliant game ideas from 2017