While Microsoft was been hit with criticism for the Xbox Series X’s slow-growing exclusive lineup — several highly anticipated titles like Bethesda’s Starfield and co-op shooter Redfall have been pushed to later in 2023 — the company is still delivering one of the best deals in gaming: Xbox Game Pass.
Game Pass gives gamers access to a massive library of games that includes throwback hits, brand-new titles on release day, and indie darlings. These games can be played on Xbox consoles, PC, mobile, and even Steam Deck.
New titles are being added to Game Pass every month and others are taken off, similar to how Netflix works, so it’s crucial to stay on top of library changes to make sure you don’t miss out on that title that’s been on your to-play list. Check back toward the end of every month for a complete list of new additions and removals from the Game Pass roster.
April is shaping up to be a fantastic month for Game Pass additions so far. Here’s what’s coming in the first wave:
- Loop Hero (console and PC)
- Iron Brigade (cloud and console)
- Ghostwire Tokyo (cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S)
- NHL 23 (console – EA Play)
- Minecraft Legends (cloud, console, and PC)
- Coffee Talk Episode 2: Hibiscus & Butterfly (cloud, console, and PC)
- Medieval Dynasty (Xbox One)
- Homestead Arcana (cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S)
- Cassette Beasts (PC)
- BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle Special Edition (cloud, console, and PC)
- The Last Case of Benedict Fox (console and PC)
Unfortunately, a handful of titles are being removed from Game Pass later this month. No super-popular titles are getting the ax, but we hate to see any games leave.
- Life is Strange: True Colors
- Moonglow Bay
- Panzer Corps II
- Rainbow Six Extraction
- The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk
- The Long Dark
- The Riftbreaker
- Destroy All Humans!
- Dragon Quest Builders 2
- Tetris Effect Connected
A handful of new titles hit Game Pass in March, most notably Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty and MLB The Show 23.
- F1 22 (console and PC – EA Play)
- Guilty Gear – Strive (cloud, console, and PC)
- Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty (cloud, console, and PC)
- Dead Space 2 (cloud)
- Dead Space 3 (cloud)
- Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (cloud, console, and PC)
- Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom – The Prince’s Edition (console and PC)
- MLB The Show 23 (cloud, console, and PC)
- Infinite Guitars (cloud, console, and PC)
A total of 15 games were removed from Game Pass throughout March.
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy
- Young Souls
- Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition
- Goat Simulator
- F1 2020
- Zero Escape: The Nonary Games
- Paradise Killer
- A Memoir Blue
- Chinatown Detective Agency
- Double Dragon Neon
- Kraken Academy!!
- MLB The Show 22
- Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid
- All upcoming Xbox Series X games: 2024 and beyond
- These are the best gaming mice to buy in 2023
- Best Xbox Series S deals: consoles, games, and accessories
- Best Xbox Series X deals: consoles, games, and accessories
- The leaks are correct: Dragon’s Dogma 2 launches in March