The wait is over. Apple TV+ has launched. All nine launch titles are now at your disposal — so long as you cough up $5 per month after the initial seven-day free trial has expired. But take advantage of this offer and you can score a year’s access to the platform for the low, low price of nothing per month. Interested? Here’s how to get Apple TV+ for free.
You don’t have to do much, either. There’s no frustrating online survey or commitment to continue subscribing after the free period is up. Rather, customers who purchased a new Apple TV, iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, or Mac from September 10 are entitled to a year’s access right off the bat. So if you buy some new hardware now, you can use Apple TV+ at no charge.
We know, we know — you still have to part with some cash to snag a membership for free and what you’re buying is going to set you back a lot more than the $60 a year’s Apple TV+ subscription would, but let’s not forget: Apple announced a heap of new gadgetry at its September event, so it’s a nice added bonus if you’re bagging a new iPad or iPhone 11.
Most importantly, Apple TV+ is obviously going to run best on an Apple TV. This means there has never been a better chance to pick up an Apple TV or Apple TV 4K — you’ll be getting the hardware and tvOS software, as well as a year’s worth of access to Apple’s own streaming platform, which is only going to get better with time (after all, a lot can happen in a year).
That’s not to say there isn’t an ample amount of content to choose from now, though; Apple has poured billions into securing exclusive material for the service, nine of which are available today, starring the likes of Hollywood icons Alfre Woodard, Jane Krakowski, Jennifer Aniston, Joel Kinnaman, Hailee Steinfeld, Oprah Winfrey, Reese Witherspoon, and Steve Carrell.
Taken advantage of the offer? Here’s how to sign up and redeem your free subscription:
- Turn on your new iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD, or Mac and sign in with your new or existing Apple ID.
- Open the Apple TV application. Make sure your qualifying device is running the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, tvOS, or macOS.
- The offer should be presented after launching the application. If not, scroll down in the Watch Now section until the offer appears.
- Tap Enjoy 1 Year Free. You might be asked to enter your Apple ID password or confirm your billing information for when the free period is up.
Want to learn more about Apple TV+ and all the shows headed its way? You can find everything you need to know right here.
- Save $200 on this huge LG 82-inch TV at Best Buy for Memorial Day
- Best TV Deals for May 2022
- Best 75-inch TV deals for May 2022
- Best LG TV Deals for May 2022
- Best 65-inch TV Deals for May 2022