Disney’s DuckTales animated series was a staple of the late ’80s. It even inspired a feature-length animated film, various comic books, and a series of well-received video games, including a remastered version of the original 1989 game that was released to positive reviews in 2013. That’s why it’s no surprise that a recent, DuckTales-themed project to hit the ‘net has been gathering a lot of nostalgia-driven attention.
Over at Disney’s Oh My Disney blog, DuckTales fans can watch a recreation of the show’s ridiculously catchy (as in, if you’re not humming it for the rest of the day, you’re not human) opening theme recreated with … actual ducks.
Ducks may have a long list of disgusting traits that make them one of the animal kingdom’s more reprehensible creatures, but if you have them walk around with cute little hats on, all is forgiven. Set it to one of the most ear-wormy theme songs ever composed, and you’ve got the sort of Internet gold that would make the pupils of Scrooge McDuck’s eyes turn into big dollar signs.
Now let’s see if they can do the same thing with Rescue Rangers using real chipmunks or, better yet, the theme for TaleSpin using live bears, orangutans, and tigers. (Okay, maybe not that last one.)
- ‘Coco’ knocks off ‘Justice League’ to win holiday weekend box office
- Alibaba and Disney strike a deal to bring shows and movies to China
- Disney acquires most of what you love about Fox for $52 billion in mega-deal
- TWB Podcast: Net neutrality ends; Disney buys Fox; Star Wars tech
- Twitch gets into prerecorded video with Video Producer tools, signs big stars