The face filter, which is called Anime Style, first appeared on the app earlier this year and matches your facial expressions in real time.
Here’s how to get the filter on the app to try it out.
— ????Gia???? (@acnh_gia) September 23, 2020
Most people will find the filter included at the bottom with all the other Snapchat filters, but some people are still reporting they can’t find the filter. If you haven’t found the filter yet, here’s how to make sure it’s added.
- You’ll first need to download the most up-to-date version of Snapchat if you haven’t already.
- Open up the app and turn the lens toward you like you’re taking a selfie.
- Click on the smiley face filter button to the right of the main button.
- Click on the explore button at the bottom right of filter options.
- Search for Anime Style using the search bar. Make sure the filter’s creator is Snapchat since there are many other anime face filters in the results.
- You can now take a selfie to see how you’d look as an anime character.
- You can also click the Camera Roll option to apply the filter to any photo on your phone.
One little downside to the filter is that it can only “anime” one person’s face at a time. The filter will also only work on your face, not your body.
Unfortunately, the anime filter is exclusive to Snapchat, but that hasn’t kept intrepid fans from posting about it on other social media platforms.
You can save any Snapchat videos you take and import them into TikTok to share the filter there.
- Snapchat hopes its new AI selfie feature will be a moneymaker
- What does the lock mean on Snapchat?
- Snapchat’s new Dual Camera uses both front and rear cameras simultaneously
- You can (sort of) generate art like Dall-E with TikTok’s latest filter
- Snapchat Plus subscribers are getting these four new features today