The horror video game genre exploded in popularity during the original PlayStation era, around the time the first Resident Evil game debuted in 1996. Since then, we’ve gotten a tremendous amount of support in the horror realm, with memorable experiences that blur the lines between genres but always focus on keeping you on the edge of your seat. There are horror games that are action-oriented, some that are more narrative-focused, and others that lean into survival.
When you pair the genre with the Nintendo Switch, one of the most popular gaming consoles in recent memory, you get an incredible lineup of horror games, great for playing at home on a big screen or on the go. While the Nintendo Switch isn’t powerful enough to run many modern horror games like Resident Evil Village or The Evil Within 2, playing lower-budget titles or older entries is still possible on the machine, so there is no shortage of options to choose from.
Since there are so many horror games available on Switch — with many that fall into interesting subgenres — we’ve decided to highlight them in this post. These are the best horror games on Nintendo Switch.
- The best single-player Nintendo Switch games
- The best indie games on Nintendo Switch
- The best Nintendo Switch exclusives
- Best Alienware deals for September 2022
- Best gaming PC deals: Get a new desktop rig from $530 today
- Hurry! This Alienware gaming laptop deal cuts over $1,000 off the price
- Best gaming laptop deals for September 2022
- The best wireless keyboards for 2022