Although the Nintendo Switch has some of the best AAA titles, the system has become known as an indie machine to many people. The portability of the Switch and Switch Lite makes them ideal for some of the best indie games, and dozens of small developers seem to love releasing their games on the hybrid console.
Better yet, plenty of previously released indie games, such as Hollow Knight, have received increased attention and acclaim after landing on the Switch. It’s become a win-win for developers and Switch owners. If you’re a new Switch owner or are simply looking for the best Switch games to play during your morning commute, we’ve put together a running list of the best indie games on the Nintendo Switch.
Nintendo Switch gamers will always have an array of game options available to them. Indie game developers create action games, strategy games, and simulations for the Switch platform. You’ll find it all here, from something new and fresh to the classics you live. Plus, new releases launch all the time, making the platform even more dynamic.
If you haven’t yet tried a Nintendo Switch, read our review to decide if it’s the right console for you.
- The best upcoming Xbox Series X games: 2023 and beyond
- The best upcoming PS5 games: 2023, 2024, and beyond
- All Resident Evil games, ranked from best to worst
- Aliens: Dark Descent: release date, trailers, gameplay, and more
- Cities: Skylines 2: release date window, trailers, gameplay, and more