During the February 2023 Nintendo Direct, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom was finally made available to preorder. Nintendo also showed off a new trailer and reconfirmed the game’s May 12, 2023 release date. Finally, it also announced a new Collector’s Edition with some extra goodies, as well as a Tears of the Kingdom Link amiibo. But where exactly can you get these items and are they available to preorder? Here’s what you need to know.
- It’s official: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom will cost $70
- Everything announced at the February 2023 Nintendo Direct
- Our most anticipated Nintendo Switch games of 2023
Where to preorder Tears of the Kingdom
Tears of the Kingdom will be available to preorder from the typical retailers like Amazon, Best Buy, and Target. It doesn’t appear like retailers have announced anything about preorder bonuses just yet, but that will likely change when it gets closer to release.
Also worth noting is that Tears of the Kingdom will cost $70 — a first for any standard Nintendo Switch game.
Tears of the Kingdom Collector’s Edition
Nintendo also revealed a new Collector’s Edition, which will cost $130. It has gone in and out of stock across various retailers since its announcement, so be sure to keep checking in to see if it’s available. This will launch on May 12, 2023, alongside the base version of the game.
The following items are included in the Collector’s Edition:
- Physical copy of The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
- Steelbook case
- ICONART poster
- Pin set
- Hardcover art book
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Link amiibo
Finally, Nintendo revealed that a new Link amiibo will launch on May 12, and it looks pretty snazzy. This amiibo gives you a special paraglider skin in-game, as revealed by Nintendo.
- Death Stranding 2: release date speculation, trailers, gameplay, and more
- Counter-Strike 2 limited test: how to play, game modes, and more
- The best indie games on Nintendo Switch
- Crash Team Rumble is coming out sooner than you think
- Atari is publishing its first VR game, and it’s coming to PSVR2