Ever since the original Xbox hit the market to compete with PlayStation, the two systems have more or less been at a graphical stalemate. Yes, the Xbox One suffered slightly behind the PS4, but with this generation, Microsoft decided to split the difference and offer players two choices for jumping into next-gen. There’s the Xbox Series S, which can run every game the X can, only at slightly lower visual fidelity, while the Xbox Series X makes no sacrifices in terms of graphics or performance.
Despite having an uneven release schedule from first-party studios, the Xbox Series X has built up an impressive library of visually stunning games. Many games here could even be mistaken for real-life footage or images, and yet they’re fully playable on this powerful console. Showing off what your new console can push out visually is always a treat, so if you’re looking for a handful of games that will make any onlooker’s jaw drop, here are our picks for some of the Xbox Series X games with the best graphics.
- Every Xbox Series X game that supports ray tracing
- The best Xbox Series X accessories
- The best upcoming Xbox Series X games
- Nexon’s Project Magnum now known as The First Descendant
- Every game verified for the Steam Deck
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Ouroboros Fusion guide and all partner combinations
- Freedom Planet 2 makes the leap to consoles next summer
- The best Nintendo Switch games for kids