Apple’s iOS 9 looks an awful lot like iOS 8, but you’ll find some new features lurking within. There are a handful of new apps, Siri has gotten proactive, the latest iPhones get 3D Touch, and the latest iPads have split screen. But new platforms always have their troubles and iOS 9 is no exception. We’ve gathered together some of the most common iOS 9 problems people are reporting and we’re offering up advice on how to work around them or fix them.
Bug: Device stuck on Slide to Upgrade screen
A lot of iOS 9 users were horrified to find their devices stuck on the Slide to Upgrade screen and totally unresponsive after the update. The screen freezes on Slide to Upgrade and simply won’t respond. Apple acknowledged this bug and posted advice, so here’s what to do:
Solution 1 (if you already updated to iOS 9):
- You should connect your device to a computer and open up iTunes.
- With your device connected, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons until you see the Connect to iTunes
- When asked, choose Update.
- Once the restore is done, follow the onscreen steps to set up your device.
Solution 2 (if you already fixed this with a restore prior to the iOS 9.0.1 release):
- Update your device to iOS 9.0.1.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings to wipe your device.
- Set the device up as new.
- When prompted to restore from a backup, select either iCloud or iTunes and follow the steps.