Bug: Device stuck on Slide to Upgrade screen
A lot of iOS 9 users were horrified to find their devices stuck on the Slide to Upgrade screen and totally unresponsive after the update. The screen freezes on Slide to Upgrade and simply won’t respond. Apple acknowledged this bug and posted advice, so here’s what to do:
Solution 1 (if you already updated to iOS 9):
- You should connect your device to a computer and open up iTunes.
- With your device connected, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons until you see the Connect to iTunes
- When asked, choose Update.
- Once the restore is done, follow the onscreen steps to set up your device.
Solution 2 (if you already fixed this with a restore prior to the iOS 9.0.1 release):
- Update your device to iOS 9.0.1.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings to wipe your device.
- Set the device up as new.
- When prompted to restore from a backup, select either iCloud or iTunes and follow the steps.