Each of the three is shown suiting up in their superhero-esque garb in the teaser, and readying their weaponry. Daredevil (played by Charlie Cox) talks about protecting people, saying in voiceover, “If I take a night off, people get hurt.” In stark contrast, we hear Elektra (Elodie Yung) say, “You don’t get what you want by day; you take it by force at night.”
The Punisher (Jon Bernthal) adds his two cents as well: “I think that this world, it needs men that are willing to make the hard call.” The words sound harmless enough at face value, but the fact that they are sandwiched between the printed phrases, “some fight the darkness” and “others become it” makes them much more ominous. There has been speculation over whether or not the menacing character is the villain of season 2, and the promo plays up the ambiguity nicely.
The Daredevil Twitter account shared the promo, teasing, “An ancient evil is coming. Time to suit up.”
— Daredevil (@Daredevil) March 9, 2016
We’ll have to wait for season 2 to be able to definitively say who is friend and who is foe as Murdock continues his nighttime crime-fighting activities as Daredevil. The next installment will bring back Deborah Ann Woll as Karen Page, Elden Henson as Foggy Nelson, Scott Glenn as Stick, and Rosario Dawson as Claire Temple.
Daredevil season 2 premieres March 18 on Netflix.
- Black Widow: Everything we know about Marvel’s Phase 4 movie
- The best Netflix original series that you can stream right now
- The Falcon and the Winter Soldier: Everything we know about the Disney+ series
- The Witcher season 2: Everything we know about the Netflix series’ next adventure
- Stranger Things season 4: Here’s everything we know so far