On this episode of Digital Trends Live, hosts Caleb Denison and Drew Prindle dive into the biggest trending stories in tech, including Instagram’s age requirement, Nintendo Switch’s record sales, making a movie with Spectacles 3 glasses, Spotify Wrapped 2019, and more.
Michael Haydock, IBM fellow, vice president, and chief scientist at IBM, joins the program to discuss the use of A.I. and machine learning in predicting retail trends, helping to better optimize pricing and inventory for retailers.
Denison then speaks with Chris Kiple, president and chief executive officer of Ventec Life Systems, who talks about how smaller, more portable medical devices are improving the lives of patients.
We then welcome Lisa Sullivan, executive vice president and director of technology sector at Ketchum, and Melissa Kinch, partner and managing director of technology sector, to discuss the mounting issues of data privacy, and how disregarding the issue could hurt brands and put companies at risk.
We then head to the box office with our Reel News segment, where we take a look at the upcoming movies headed to theaters. This week we discuss Jumanji: Next Level, Uncut Gems, and Bombshell.
- Facebook ad boycotts, Galaxy Note 20, and more | Digital Trends Live
- Digital Trends Live: Chrome security weakness, Ford Mach-E, space balloons
- Microsoft closes its stores, Wimbledon remastered | Digital Trends Live
- Andrew Yang, Amazon’s fraud unit, NASA spacewalk | Digital Trends Live
- Believe it or not, the video phone turns 50 today